Head to the pub for Saturday Night Live
- Credit: Archant
A Royston pub is adding another session to its entertainment offering by launching Saturday Night Live this weekend.
The Boar’s Head has been broadening its weekly nights since Matthew and Alison Brazier took it over in April.
The latest will see local singer-songwriter Paul Whitton take to the stage at the Market Hill venue this Saturday.
“Since taking over we’ve been keen to promote a real local emphasis, bringing the pub back to the days when it was a focal point in the town,” said manager Matthew.
“Old fashioned values and the promotion of local staff, food and talent have formed the backbone of the operation and in no way more so than on Sunday evenings when we’ve hosted a range of talented local musicians playing acoustic sets.
“Music on offer has ranged from piano and vocal duos to a four-piece band with a whole lot more in between. An evening of sax and guitar was particularly successful, as was a Sunday session with local star Paul Whitton.
“As such we’ve decided to add a Saturday Night Live to our weekly calendar and look forward to Paul taking to the stage on Saturday from 9pm.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Up on the roof: Choir sings from top of 163ft chapel tower at Cambridge college
“As well as Paul, we’ve also managed to book in the exceptionally busy local singer Melissa Baker who will be our second Saturday Night Live act on August 15.
“We’re always on the lookout for other local talent and are open to all musical styles as we aim to offer those from Royston and the surrounding area the chance to showcase their skills.
“Anyone wishing to go live at The Boar’s Head should email email@example.com or, better still, pop in to enjoy one of the sessions we host.”
To find out more, visit www.boarsheadroyston.com.