Head to the pub for Saturday Night Live
- Credit: Archant
A Royston pub is adding another session to its entertainment offering by launching Saturday Night Live this weekend.
The Boar’s Head has been broadening its weekly nights since Matthew and Alison Brazier took it over in April.
The latest will see local singer-songwriter Paul Whitton take to the stage at the Market Hill venue this Saturday.
“Since taking over we’ve been keen to promote a real local emphasis, bringing the pub back to the days when it was a focal point in the town,” said manager Matthew.
“Old fashioned values and the promotion of local staff, food and talent have formed the backbone of the operation and in no way more so than on Sunday evenings when we’ve hosted a range of talented local musicians playing acoustic sets.
You may also want to watch:
“Music on offer has ranged from piano and vocal duos to a four-piece band with a whole lot more in between. An evening of sax and guitar was particularly successful, as was a Sunday session with local star Paul Whitton.
“As such we’ve decided to add a Saturday Night Live to our weekly calendar and look forward to Paul taking to the stage on Saturday from 9pm.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
“As well as Paul, we’ve also managed to book in the exceptionally busy local singer Melissa Baker who will be our second Saturday Night Live act on August 15.
“We’re always on the lookout for other local talent and are open to all musical styles as we aim to offer those from Royston and the surrounding area the chance to showcase their skills.
“Anyone wishing to go live at The Boar’s Head should email firstname.lastname@example.org or, better still, pop in to enjoy one of the sessions we host.”
To find out more, visit www.boarsheadroyston.com.