‘He was the most fantastic, beautiful person I have ever known’: Family pay tribute to youth leader who died after M11 crash at Duxford
- Credit: Archant
The family of a young man who died after a motorcycle crash on the M11 at Duxford said they are ‘absolutely devastated’ at the news of his death.
Dane Curran suffered fatal injuries after his motorcycle crashed with a BMW 1 series on Saturday while he was on his way to France.
The 21-year-old from Newcastle died from his injuries the next day in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
He worked as a full time youth leader in Northumberland and was also a part-time photographer and talented guitarist, playing in a couple of local rock bands.
His father Dave Curran said: “We are absolutely devastated at the loss of our son, Dane, following his motorcycle accident on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Dane was the most kind and considerate person who would help anyone, whether he knew them or not made no difference.
“His most recent passion was his motorcycle – he was travelling to France for the weekend after having a failed attempt at the same journey due to mechanical problems on his 21st birthday in February.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
“He will be hugely missed by all of us. I speak as his father but I can honestly say he was the most fantastic, beautiful person I have ever known.”