‘He was the most fantastic, beautiful person I have ever known’: Family pay tribute to youth leader who died after M11 crash at Duxford
- Credit: Archant
The family of a young man who died after a motorcycle crash on the M11 at Duxford said they are ‘absolutely devastated’ at the news of his death.
Dane Curran suffered fatal injuries after his motorcycle crashed with a BMW 1 series on Saturday while he was on his way to France.
The 21-year-old from Newcastle died from his injuries the next day in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
He worked as a full time youth leader in Northumberland and was also a part-time photographer and talented guitarist, playing in a couple of local rock bands.
His father Dave Curran said: “We are absolutely devastated at the loss of our son, Dane, following his motorcycle accident on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Dane was the most kind and considerate person who would help anyone, whether he knew them or not made no difference.
“His most recent passion was his motorcycle – he was travelling to France for the weekend after having a failed attempt at the same journey due to mechanical problems on his 21st birthday in February.
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Fabulous Foodies Festival is good to go at Cambridge this summer
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
“He will be hugely missed by all of us. I speak as his father but I can honestly say he was the most fantastic, beautiful person I have ever known.”