‘He was the most fantastic, beautiful person I have ever known’: Family pay tribute to youth leader who died after M11 crash at Duxford
- Credit: Archant
The family of a young man who died after a motorcycle crash on the M11 at Duxford said they are ‘absolutely devastated’ at the news of his death.
Dane Curran suffered fatal injuries after his motorcycle crashed with a BMW 1 series on Saturday while he was on his way to France.
The 21-year-old from Newcastle died from his injuries the next day in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
He worked as a full time youth leader in Northumberland and was also a part-time photographer and talented guitarist, playing in a couple of local rock bands.
His father Dave Curran said: “We are absolutely devastated at the loss of our son, Dane, following his motorcycle accident on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Dane was the most kind and considerate person who would help anyone, whether he knew them or not made no difference.
“His most recent passion was his motorcycle – he was travelling to France for the weekend after having a failed attempt at the same journey due to mechanical problems on his 21st birthday in February.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
“He will be hugely missed by all of us. I speak as his father but I can honestly say he was the most fantastic, beautiful person I have ever known.”