Have your say on the future of Melbourn
MELBOURN is to have its very own parish plan, and parish councillors are calling on local residents to have their say on its contents. Two events are being held in the coming weeks where residents will be able to submit their views about the future of the
MELBOURN is to have its very own parish plan, and parish councillors are calling on local residents to have their say on its contents.
Two events are being held in the coming weeks where residents will be able to submit their views about the future of the village.
Cllr Mike Linnette, from Melbourn Parish Council, said: "These plans assist local government bodies to allocate resources on the basis of the right priorities, as well as helping communities access funding opportunities that would otherwise be missed.
"Needless to say, without good participation from residents the plan will fail to be truly representative of the community's wishes, so we hope as many people as possible will get involved," he said.
You may also want to watch:
A stall is to be set up at the Melbourn village fete, which takes place at The Moor on Saturday June 27, between 1pm - 5pm.
Anyone who cannot make the fete can attend a workshop, which is being held in All Saints Community hall on Monday June 29, from 7.30pm - 9.30pm.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
If you are interested in becoming part of the parish plan steering group, call Jocelyn Roberts on 01763 261633, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, visit the village website, www.melbourncambridge.co.uk.