Have your say on Parish Plan
VILLAGERS putting together a parish plan are holding a public meeting to encourage more volunteers to join them. The Melbourn village plan steering committee are holding the meeting at Melbourn URC hall on Saturday October 17. Mike Sherwen, who is part of
VILLAGERS putting together a parish plan are holding a public meeting to encourage more volunteers to join them.
The Melbourn village plan steering committee are holding the meeting at Melbourn URC hall on Saturday October 17.
Mike Sherwen, who is part of the steering group, said: "This will be a drop-in event for anyone with an interest in joining or helping with our village plan. Steering Committee members will be on hand to discuss and advise on any aspect of this important project."
The plan will establish what villagers would like to see happen in Melbourn over the next five - 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sherwen continued: "This will be the best opportunity ever for all our residents to influence the future development of Melbourn. We have identified over 300 voluntary groups and organisations to date, and all will have the chance to take part in the forthcoming surveys, questionnaires and public events.
"The input from all these will be the basis of the final Village Plan but we need enthusiastic volunteers in the immediate future to carry them out," he said.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
The meeting will run from 2pm - 4pm. For more information, visit www.melbourncambridge.co.uk/villageplan