Have your say on Parish Plan
VILLAGERS putting together a parish plan are holding a public meeting to encourage more volunteers to join them. The Melbourn village plan steering committee are holding the meeting at Melbourn URC hall on Saturday October 17. Mike Sherwen, who is part of
VILLAGERS putting together a parish plan are holding a public meeting to encourage more volunteers to join them.
The Melbourn village plan steering committee are holding the meeting at Melbourn URC hall on Saturday October 17.
Mike Sherwen, who is part of the steering group, said: "This will be a drop-in event for anyone with an interest in joining or helping with our village plan. Steering Committee members will be on hand to discuss and advise on any aspect of this important project."
The plan will establish what villagers would like to see happen in Melbourn over the next five - 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sherwen continued: "This will be the best opportunity ever for all our residents to influence the future development of Melbourn. We have identified over 300 voluntary groups and organisations to date, and all will have the chance to take part in the forthcoming surveys, questionnaires and public events.
"The input from all these will be the basis of the final Village Plan but we need enthusiastic volunteers in the immediate future to carry them out," he said.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
The meeting will run from 2pm - 4pm. For more information, visit www.melbourncambridge.co.uk/villageplan