Have your say on Parish Plan
VILLAGERS putting together a parish plan are holding a public meeting to encourage more volunteers to join them. The Melbourn village plan steering committee are holding the meeting at Melbourn URC hall on Saturday October 17. Mike Sherwen, who is part of
VILLAGERS putting together a parish plan are holding a public meeting to encourage more volunteers to join them.
The Melbourn village plan steering committee are holding the meeting at Melbourn URC hall on Saturday October 17.
Mike Sherwen, who is part of the steering group, said: "This will be a drop-in event for anyone with an interest in joining or helping with our village plan. Steering Committee members will be on hand to discuss and advise on any aspect of this important project."
The plan will establish what villagers would like to see happen in Melbourn over the next five - 10 years.
Mr Sherwen continued: "This will be the best opportunity ever for all our residents to influence the future development of Melbourn. We have identified over 300 voluntary groups and organisations to date, and all will have the chance to take part in the forthcoming surveys, questionnaires and public events.
"The input from all these will be the basis of the final Village Plan but we need enthusiastic volunteers in the immediate future to carry them out," he said.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Up on the roof: Choir sings from top of 163ft chapel tower at Cambridge college
The meeting will run from 2pm - 4pm. For more information, visit www.melbourncambridge.co.uk/villageplan