Have a try at our bid to find a younger crow
ROYSTON Rugby Club has a new member – Royston Crow – and here is an image of Royston, who is a bit of a character. Royston has a little brother and sister who play mini-rugby at Royston Rugby Club, and with The Crow we are searching for the best cartoon c
ROYSTON Rugby Club has a new member - Royston Crow - and here is an image of Royston, who is a bit of a character.
Royston has a little brother and sister who play mini-rugby at Royston Rugby Club, and with The Crow we are searching for the best cartoon characters drawn by young readers in our Cartoon Competition.
If you are a budding young cartoonist why not send us your drawing and see if you are a winner.
If you have a distinctive style and - most importantly - are very funny, it could be you.
You may also want to watch:
Here is a picture of a Royston mini-rugby player so that you can see the type of shirts, shorts and tags that the players wear.
Here's what you have to do. Send a drawing that is all your own work of either Royston's younger brother or sister. Two winners and four runners-up will be chosen one winner from each of two age groups: Minis (under 12 years of age on January 1 2008) and Juniors (over-12 years and under-17 years on January 1 2008). The winners will be selected by a judging panel consisting of David Gee, from Royston Rugby Club, Les Baker, editor of The Crow, Doug Radford, from the RSPB at Fowlmere, and Royston artist Sue Hartga.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The decision of the judging panel is final.
The closing date for entries is November 30.
Send your entries to The Crow, Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston SG8 9RT or you can submit your entry as a jpeg file to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be able to return entries to you.
By sending your work you are granting rights for The Crow, Royston Rugby Club and the RSPB to publish and use images without restriction.
Winning entries will be published in The Crow and winners will receive artist materials donated by The Stationery Cupboard.
Runners up will receive a variety of prizes from Royston Rugby Club.
The two winning cartoons will also be printed on limited edition mugs which will be sold in the town and by Royston Rugby Club over the Christmas period.