Have a say on future
RESIDENTS in Bassingbourn are being invited to share their visions for the village s future. Bassingbourn Parish Council is looking at various ways to update its parish plan, and has set up a steering group to co-ordinate opinion on how the village shoul
RESIDENTS in Bassingbourn are being invited to share their visions for the village's future.
Bassingbourn Parish Council is looking at various ways to update its parish plan, and has set up a steering group to co-ordinate opinion on how the village should be developed in the future.
Group chairman Dr Laurence Robinson said: "Our first task is to try to communicate with villagers and local employers to see exactly what they would like to happen in the village over the next few years.
"We also want to see what aspect of the village or village life people want to preserve."
You may also want to watch:
To generate such interest and opinion, two meetings have been arranged with an invitation that extends to the whole community.
Both meetings will be held at the Limes Community Rooms in Bassingbourn High Street, where the group will make a series of presentations.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Dr Robinson added: "We have invited all community groups and businesses to attend, and we are hopeful that a healthy proportion of the village population will also come along.
"After all this, is their chance to shape the future of the village."
- The meetings will take place next Tuesday, at 4pm and 8pm.