Have a go at a new activity during Voluntary Arts Week in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A number of Crow country groups are getting involved in Voluntary Arts Week.
The Creative Royston committee, which organises Royston Arts Festival, is supporting this year’s UK-wide week-long event which will be taking place between 9-18 May, and is promoting several local initiatives
Creative Royston chairman Graham Palmer said: “It’s a great opportunity for everyone to simply have a go at a new activity.”
There are opportunities to sing with the Royston Choral Society and the Singing Aloud group; to play with the Royston Town Band during a rehearsal session or to join in with the Royston Writers’ Circle.
There are knitting sessions at the Royston and District Museum and in Barley.
You may also want to watch:
Creative Royston was set up by the Royston Arts Festival committee at its annual meeting when it was decided to support arts events during the year.
Full details of Voluntary Arts Week are on the website at www.creativeroyston.org
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 7 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 8 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk