Have a go at a new activity during Voluntary Arts Week in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A number of Crow country groups are getting involved in Voluntary Arts Week.
The Creative Royston committee, which organises Royston Arts Festival, is supporting this year’s UK-wide week-long event which will be taking place between 9-18 May, and is promoting several local initiatives
Creative Royston chairman Graham Palmer said: “It’s a great opportunity for everyone to simply have a go at a new activity.”
There are opportunities to sing with the Royston Choral Society and the Singing Aloud group; to play with the Royston Town Band during a rehearsal session or to join in with the Royston Writers’ Circle.
There are knitting sessions at the Royston and District Museum and in Barley.
You may also want to watch:
Creative Royston was set up by the Royston Arts Festival committee at its annual meeting when it was decided to support arts events during the year.
Full details of Voluntary Arts Week are on the website at www.creativeroyston.org
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire