Have a go at a new activity during Voluntary Arts Week in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A number of Crow country groups are getting involved in Voluntary Arts Week.
The Creative Royston committee, which organises Royston Arts Festival, is supporting this year’s UK-wide week-long event which will be taking place between 9-18 May, and is promoting several local initiatives
Creative Royston chairman Graham Palmer said: “It’s a great opportunity for everyone to simply have a go at a new activity.”
There are opportunities to sing with the Royston Choral Society and the Singing Aloud group; to play with the Royston Town Band during a rehearsal session or to join in with the Royston Writers’ Circle.
There are knitting sessions at the Royston and District Museum and in Barley.
You may also want to watch:
Creative Royston was set up by the Royston Arts Festival committee at its annual meeting when it was decided to support arts events during the year.
Full details of Voluntary Arts Week are on the website at www.creativeroyston.org
- 1 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 5 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch