Haul of weapons, clothing and cash swiped in Bassingbourn burglary where thieves also made off in stolen van
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an appeal for witnesses to come forward after around 60 air weapons were stolen in a Bassingbourn burglary.
As well as the weapons, high-quality outdoor clothing and cash were also swiped from a premises in Old North Road between 3.30pm on Thursday and 8.10am the following morning.
Thieves forced open a roller shutter door and made off in a white Ford Transit van, which they also stole from the scene.
Det Sgt Andy Denzey said: “It’s likely this was a planned burglary with the offenders knowing exactly what was stored at the premises.
“We would not only appeal for witnesses but urge anyone who is offered air weapons or specialist clothing like shooting jackets and boots to make contact with police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy