Hats off for a great way to go mad!
STAFF at Buntingford s Co-Op store have been going mad to mark the start of Fairtrade fortnight. On Tuesday the store hosted a Mad Hatter s tea party, with staff dressing up as characters from Alice in Wonderland, including the Alice, the March Hare, an
STAFF at Buntingford's Co-Op store have been going 'mad' to mark the start of Fairtrade fortnight.
On Tuesday the store hosted a Mad Hatter's tea party, with staff dressing up as characters from Alice in Wonderland, including the Alice, the March Hare, and the Mad Hatter himself.
Store manager John Wilkinson said: "Fairtrade products are already really popular, and we don't mind going a little mad if it helps to promote this initiative and encourage more shoppers to support Fairtrade."
The Co-Op has recently switched its own-brand tea to Fairtrade, and shoppers were able to pick up free samples at the tea party.
You may also want to watch:
The store is also offering a 20 per cent discount on all Fairtrade products until March 9.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire