Hats off for a great way to go mad!
STAFF at Buntingford s Co-Op store have been going mad to mark the start of Fairtrade fortnight. On Tuesday the store hosted a Mad Hatter s tea party, with staff dressing up as characters from Alice in Wonderland, including the Alice, the March Hare, an
STAFF at Buntingford's Co-Op store have been going 'mad' to mark the start of Fairtrade fortnight.
On Tuesday the store hosted a Mad Hatter's tea party, with staff dressing up as characters from Alice in Wonderland, including the Alice, the March Hare, and the Mad Hatter himself.
Store manager John Wilkinson said: "Fairtrade products are already really popular, and we don't mind going a little mad if it helps to promote this initiative and encourage more shoppers to support Fairtrade."
The Co-Op has recently switched its own-brand tea to Fairtrade, and shoppers were able to pick up free samples at the tea party.
You may also want to watch:
The store is also offering a 20 per cent discount on all Fairtrade products until March 9.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe