Hatfield 'keeper in inspired form against determined Royston
Hatfield Youth 2 Royston Town Youth 1 Under-13s Meades Cup ROYSTON lost by the odd goal in three in this evenly fought contest. After some early exchanges at both ends Royston had the chance to break the deadlock when a cross from Liam Price was only half
Hatfield Youth 2 Royston Town Youth 1
Under-13s Meades Cup
ROYSTON lost by the odd goal in three in this evenly fought contest.
After some early exchanges at both ends Royston had the chance to break the deadlock when a cross from Liam Price was only half cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Norcross ran on to the ball and hit an excellent shot that rebounded off the crossbar to safety.
A short while after Hatfield took the lead with a dubious goal.
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match
The ball came in from the right and the forward appeared to control the ball with both arms before firing into the top corner, but the strike was given as a goal.
Royston were then denied a penalty after the Hatfield defender went to head the ball only to miss it and seemingly handball it instead.
The referee, however, missed this one too.
In the second half Hatfield scored in the early stages and then Liam Price ran onto a through ball from Corey Anderson and slotted past the 'keeper to pull a goal back for Royston.
From then on it was all Royston but they could not find a way past the 'keeper after good saves from Price, Anderson and Sell.