Hatfield 'keeper in inspired form against determined Royston
Hatfield Youth 2 Royston Town Youth 1 Under-13s Meades Cup ROYSTON lost by the odd goal in three in this evenly fought contest. After some early exchanges at both ends Royston had the chance to break the deadlock when a cross from Liam Price was only half
Hatfield Youth 2 Royston Town Youth 1
Under-13s Meades Cup
ROYSTON lost by the odd goal in three in this evenly fought contest.
After some early exchanges at both ends Royston had the chance to break the deadlock when a cross from Liam Price was only half cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Norcross ran on to the ball and hit an excellent shot that rebounded off the crossbar to safety.
A short while after Hatfield took the lead with a dubious goal.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
The ball came in from the right and the forward appeared to control the ball with both arms before firing into the top corner, but the strike was given as a goal.
Royston were then denied a penalty after the Hatfield defender went to head the ball only to miss it and seemingly handball it instead.
The referee, however, missed this one too.
In the second half Hatfield scored in the early stages and then Liam Price ran onto a through ball from Corey Anderson and slotted past the 'keeper to pull a goal back for Royston.
From then on it was all Royston but they could not find a way past the 'keeper after good saves from Price, Anderson and Sell.