Hatfield 'keeper in inspired form against determined Royston
Hatfield Youth 2 Royston Town Youth 1 Under-13s Meades Cup ROYSTON lost by the odd goal in three in this evenly fought contest. After some early exchanges at both ends Royston had the chance to break the deadlock when a cross from Liam Price was only half
Hatfield Youth 2 Royston Town Youth 1
Under-13s Meades Cup
ROYSTON lost by the odd goal in three in this evenly fought contest.
After some early exchanges at both ends Royston had the chance to break the deadlock when a cross from Liam Price was only half cleared.
Jack Norcross ran on to the ball and hit an excellent shot that rebounded off the crossbar to safety.
A short while after Hatfield took the lead with a dubious goal.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
The ball came in from the right and the forward appeared to control the ball with both arms before firing into the top corner, but the strike was given as a goal.
Royston were then denied a penalty after the Hatfield defender went to head the ball only to miss it and seemingly handball it instead.
The referee, however, missed this one too.
In the second half Hatfield scored in the early stages and then Liam Price ran onto a through ball from Corey Anderson and slotted past the 'keeper to pull a goal back for Royston.
From then on it was all Royston but they could not find a way past the 'keeper after good saves from Price, Anderson and Sell.