Hatfield 'keeper in inspired form against determined Royston
Hatfield Youth 2 Royston Town Youth 1 Under-13s Meades Cup ROYSTON lost by the odd goal in three in this evenly fought contest. After some early exchanges at both ends Royston had the chance to break the deadlock when a cross from Liam Price was only half
Hatfield Youth 2 Royston Town Youth 1
Under-13s Meades Cup
ROYSTON lost by the odd goal in three in this evenly fought contest.
After some early exchanges at both ends Royston had the chance to break the deadlock when a cross from Liam Price was only half cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Norcross ran on to the ball and hit an excellent shot that rebounded off the crossbar to safety.
A short while after Hatfield took the lead with a dubious goal.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
The ball came in from the right and the forward appeared to control the ball with both arms before firing into the top corner, but the strike was given as a goal.
Royston were then denied a penalty after the Hatfield defender went to head the ball only to miss it and seemingly handball it instead.
The referee, however, missed this one too.
In the second half Hatfield scored in the early stages and then Liam Price ran onto a through ball from Corey Anderson and slotted past the 'keeper to pull a goal back for Royston.
From then on it was all Royston but they could not find a way past the 'keeper after good saves from Price, Anderson and Sell.