Brothers’ third annual charity fundraiser raises £23,000
- Credit: Archant
Three brothers have smashed their previous fundraising totals at their third annual charity golf day in Royston.
Tom Hanson from Therfield and his brothers James and John from Royston – who are all third generation builders at family firm Hanson Services Ltd – organised the day at Royston Golf Club on Friday. They had hoped to top the £22,000 total they achieved last year, and the £16,000 they raised in Barkway in 2016 for children’s services at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
“It is at times like these we are reminded what a fantastic community we have in Royston. Every person attended with the same attitude – be generous, support our local children and have fun!
“Worthy winners Oliver Jarvis, Josh Murphy, Ben Hubbard and Tom Stedman lifted the trophy with a Texas scramble score of 56.2.
“But the real winners of the day are the Addenbrooke’s Paediatric Neurology and A&E wards that netted approximately £23,500 in donations.
You may also want to watch:
“Loyal support from key companies such as Prestige Flooring, The Old Courthouse, Minster, Jewsons and Royston Golf Club among many others are amazing every year and we couldn’t do it without them, so thank you.”
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM