Brothers’ third annual charity fundraiser raises £23,000
- Credit: Archant
Three brothers have smashed their previous fundraising totals at their third annual charity golf day in Royston.
Tom Hanson from Therfield and his brothers James and John from Royston – who are all third generation builders at family firm Hanson Services Ltd – organised the day at Royston Golf Club on Friday. They had hoped to top the £22,000 total they achieved last year, and the £16,000 they raised in Barkway in 2016 for children’s services at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
“It is at times like these we are reminded what a fantastic community we have in Royston. Every person attended with the same attitude – be generous, support our local children and have fun!
“Worthy winners Oliver Jarvis, Josh Murphy, Ben Hubbard and Tom Stedman lifted the trophy with a Texas scramble score of 56.2.
“But the real winners of the day are the Addenbrooke’s Paediatric Neurology and A&E wards that netted approximately £23,500 in donations.
You may also want to watch:
“Loyal support from key companies such as Prestige Flooring, The Old Courthouse, Minster, Jewsons and Royston Golf Club among many others are amazing every year and we couldn’t do it without them, so thank you.”
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn