Hangar dance called off
THIS year s Memphis Belle hangar dance at Bassingbourn has been cancelled. There has been a lack of ticket sales to cover the costs of the event. Organiser Chris Murphy told The Crow: It is really disappointing. The event in the past has been a huge succ
THIS year's Memphis Belle hangar dance at Bassingbourn has been cancelled.
There has been a lack of ticket sales to cover the costs of the event.
Organiser Chris Murphy told The Crow: "It is really disappointing. The event in the past has been a huge success, but there does not seem to be the demand this year."
He said the decision to cancel the dance was due to a lack of ticket sales.
"Normally by this time about 500 tickets have been sold, but this year only 175 had gone," he said.
He continued that there comes "a crunch point" when there has to be a decision on running the event.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 5 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
"It costs about £10,000 to put on the dance, and it appeared that we were not going to break even," added Mr Murphy.