Guilden Morden Food Fayre raises £3,000 for village church
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the Guilden Morden food fayre were thrilled to learn that the event raised a record £3,000 for St Mary’s Church.
More than 300 people went along to support the event – including South Cambs MP Heidi Allen.
Organiser Lesley Harrison said: “We received some great feedback praising the high quality of the foods on offer and many of the ‘Made in Guilden’ and artisan stallholders sold out.”
Jonathan of Crumps Butchers said “I had the best sell-out day ever. It is such a great event that is always talked about for weeks afterwards.”
The Food Fayre relies on the hard work and generosity of many people from Guilden Morden, who Charles Paget-Wilkes and Lesley would like to thank.
You may also want to watch:
They said support from surrounding villages was fantastic, from Ashwell, Steeple Morden, and Litlington in particular.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge