Guilden Morden club given kit makeover
- Credit: Archant
A Guilden Morden football team are feeling suited and booted after the club received funding from a property company for a new kit.
Fairview New Homes bought the purple and white shirts to show its support to Guilden Morden Football Club, which formed this June.
Chris Duck, club chairman said: “The kit was vital for us and has helped us to become properly established.
“Having a new strip really helped to get us up and running as a team.”
Stephen Brown, area construction manager for Fairview, said: “When we heard that a new football club was being set up in Guilden Morden, we were more than happy to help them get started by funding their new strip.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish the team the very best of luck for the rest of the season.”
The club play in the Newmarket Motor Company League.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
They got off to a flying start this season, winning five of their first 10 games.