Guilden Morden club given kit makeover
- Credit: Archant
A Guilden Morden football team are feeling suited and booted after the club received funding from a property company for a new kit.
Fairview New Homes bought the purple and white shirts to show its support to Guilden Morden Football Club, which formed this June.
Chris Duck, club chairman said: “The kit was vital for us and has helped us to become properly established.
“Having a new strip really helped to get us up and running as a team.”
Stephen Brown, area construction manager for Fairview, said: “When we heard that a new football club was being set up in Guilden Morden, we were more than happy to help them get started by funding their new strip.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish the team the very best of luck for the rest of the season.”
The club play in the Newmarket Motor Company League.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
They got off to a flying start this season, winning five of their first 10 games.