Guilden Morden club given kit makeover
- Credit: Archant
A Guilden Morden football team are feeling suited and booted after the club received funding from a property company for a new kit.
Fairview New Homes bought the purple and white shirts to show its support to Guilden Morden Football Club, which formed this June.
Chris Duck, club chairman said: “The kit was vital for us and has helped us to become properly established.
“Having a new strip really helped to get us up and running as a team.”
Stephen Brown, area construction manager for Fairview, said: “When we heard that a new football club was being set up in Guilden Morden, we were more than happy to help them get started by funding their new strip.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish the team the very best of luck for the rest of the season.”
The club play in the Newmarket Motor Company League.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
They got off to a flying start this season, winning five of their first 10 games.