Guides get building society cash boost
GUIDES in Royston have received a grant to help meet the cost of repairs to their headquarters. Urgent work is currently needed on the roof of the building in Garden Walk, Royston. And to help pay for the work, a grant of £500 has been given by the Saffro
GUIDES in Royston have received a grant to help meet the cost of repairs to their headquarters.
Urgent work is currently needed on the roof of the building in Garden Walk, Royston.
And to help pay for the work, a grant of £500 has been given by the Saffron Walden Herts and Essex Building Society from its charity scheme.
Tracee Coote, of the Royston and District Guides, said the repairs would mean it would no longer "rain on our parade".
She said work needed doing, too, on the security of the building and to provide access for people with disabilities.
"The donation is a fantastic start to that work," she said.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
Building society Royston branch manager Christina Fonseca said: "We're delighted to support the Guides and other local organisations through our charitable donations scheme.
"The building society is at the heart of the local community and this scheme is an ideal way to contribute."
The Royston branch has this year given £1,500 to good causes.
This includes £700 to the Rotary Club of Royston to rent a hall for a youth concert and £300 for the Sunbeam Babies and Toddlers group to buy new toys.