Guides get building society cash boost
GUIDES in Royston have received a grant to help meet the cost of repairs to their headquarters. Urgent work is currently needed on the roof of the building in Garden Walk, Royston. And to help pay for the work, a grant of £500 has been given by the Saffro
GUIDES in Royston have received a grant to help meet the cost of repairs to their headquarters.
Urgent work is currently needed on the roof of the building in Garden Walk, Royston.
And to help pay for the work, a grant of £500 has been given by the Saffron Walden Herts and Essex Building Society from its charity scheme.
Tracee Coote, of the Royston and District Guides, said the repairs would mean it would no longer "rain on our parade".
You may also want to watch:
She said work needed doing, too, on the security of the building and to provide access for people with disabilities.
"The donation is a fantastic start to that work," she said.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Building society Royston branch manager Christina Fonseca said: "We're delighted to support the Guides and other local organisations through our charitable donations scheme.
"The building society is at the heart of the local community and this scheme is an ideal way to contribute."
The Royston branch has this year given £1,500 to good causes.
This includes £700 to the Rotary Club of Royston to rent a hall for a youth concert and £300 for the Sunbeam Babies and Toddlers group to buy new toys.