Guide to where to go to take part in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in Royston and district
- Credit: Archant
There’ll be plenty of places to get a coffee and cake fix for a good cause this weekend as Macmillan Cancer Support hosts the annual World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
First stop, head on over to the Jolly Postie in Royston to sample some sumptuous cake.
There are also events going on now at The Dolphin pub in the High Street and at Melbourn Pavilion and the Hub.
Over in Shepreth, get your teeth stuck into tea and cake at Teacake, and then head to The Plough at 11am where the party will continue.
There will also be an event held tomorrow at Roy Castle and Co in The Wireless Station Park in Bassingbourn,
You may also want to watch:
In Barley, a tea party will be held at Farriers in Church End between 2pm and 4.30pm on Sunday. Expect a brass quartet, raffle, tombola, jewellery stall and of course lots of cake.
Last year more than £1,700 was raised in the village through the coffee morning.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Find out more about coffee mornings in the area by visiting the website at coffee.macmillan.org.uk.