Guide to where to go to take part in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in Royston and district
- Credit: Archant
There’ll be plenty of places to get a coffee and cake fix for a good cause this weekend as Macmillan Cancer Support hosts the annual World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
First stop, head on over to the Jolly Postie in Royston to sample some sumptuous cake.
There are also events going on now at The Dolphin pub in the High Street and at Melbourn Pavilion and the Hub.
Over in Shepreth, get your teeth stuck into tea and cake at Teacake, and then head to The Plough at 11am where the party will continue.
There will also be an event held tomorrow at Roy Castle and Co in The Wireless Station Park in Bassingbourn,
You may also want to watch:
In Barley, a tea party will be held at Farriers in Church End between 2pm and 4.30pm on Sunday. Expect a brass quartet, raffle, tombola, jewellery stall and of course lots of cake.
Last year more than £1,700 was raised in the village through the coffee morning.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Find out more about coffee mornings in the area by visiting the website at coffee.macmillan.org.uk.