Guide to where to go to take part in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in Royston and district
- Credit: Archant
There’ll be plenty of places to get a coffee and cake fix for a good cause this weekend as Macmillan Cancer Support hosts the annual World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
First stop, head on over to the Jolly Postie in Royston to sample some sumptuous cake.
There are also events going on now at The Dolphin pub in the High Street and at Melbourn Pavilion and the Hub.
Over in Shepreth, get your teeth stuck into tea and cake at Teacake, and then head to The Plough at 11am where the party will continue.
There will also be an event held tomorrow at Roy Castle and Co in The Wireless Station Park in Bassingbourn,
You may also want to watch:
In Barley, a tea party will be held at Farriers in Church End between 2pm and 4.30pm on Sunday. Expect a brass quartet, raffle, tombola, jewellery stall and of course lots of cake.
Last year more than £1,700 was raised in the village through the coffee morning.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
Find out more about coffee mornings in the area by visiting the website at coffee.macmillan.org.uk.