Guide to where to go to take part in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in Royston and district
- Credit: Archant
There’ll be plenty of places to get a coffee and cake fix for a good cause this weekend as Macmillan Cancer Support hosts the annual World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
First stop, head on over to the Jolly Postie in Royston to sample some sumptuous cake.
There are also events going on now at The Dolphin pub in the High Street and at Melbourn Pavilion and the Hub.
Over in Shepreth, get your teeth stuck into tea and cake at Teacake, and then head to The Plough at 11am where the party will continue.
There will also be an event held tomorrow at Roy Castle and Co in The Wireless Station Park in Bassingbourn,
In Barley, a tea party will be held at Farriers in Church End between 2pm and 4.30pm on Sunday. Expect a brass quartet, raffle, tombola, jewellery stall and of course lots of cake.
Last year more than £1,700 was raised in the village through the coffee morning.
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 6 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 Sign up to Rainbow Run in aid of our hospitals
Find out more about coffee mornings in the area by visiting the website at coffee.macmillan.org.uk.