Griffith sets Broadhall Youth on their way
Broadhall Youth 9 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Whites 1 Under-13s Division One HARRISON Griffith opened the scoring for Broadhall Youth in this, the first meeting between these two teams this season. Griffith took just seven minutes to open the scoring w
Broadhall Youth 9 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Whites 1
Under-13s Division One
HARRISON Griffith opened the scoring for Broadhall Youth in this, the first meeting between these two teams this season.
Griffith took just seven minutes to open the scoring when he got on the end of a fierce Michael Simpson drive which had hit the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
A second goal soon followed when the Letchworth 'keeper came from his area to clear the ball only for Mitch Pagett to receive it before hitting a first time shot which was helped over the line by Nathen Adeniregen.
The home side had the upper hand and just before half time were three nil up thanks to Tyler kilcullen hitting a great shot from 25 yards.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
The second half started as the first finished with Broadhall having most of the possession and it did not take long for Adeniregen to finish for his second.
Pagett then got the goal he deserved with a lovely cross from Jack McCaffery on the left crossing low into the area with pace for Pagett to side foot in first time with his left foot to make it 5-0.
John Veal added to the tally with a well struck shot on the turn before Michael Simpson joined list of scorers with a low shot that took a deflection and went over the stand-in 'keeper who had taken over at half time.
With Broadhall continually making changes they found themselves conceding a goal after a long clearance from Letchworth found the striker who went on a blistering run leaving Ellis standing before coolly slotting home past the advancing Billy Welch.
Broadhall then scored another with Adeniregan volleying the ball with his back heel from the penalty spot from a corner before the hard working Reece King completed the tally when he collected the ball just past the half way line ran with the ball and rounded the 'keeper to calmly slot home.
This keeps Broadhall's great run going with eight wins and one draw from nine games, and is a result which keeps them top of the table.