Gregg is on a roll as Melbourn dinner is a sell-out
- Credit: Archant
Fans of BBC series MasterChef weren’t backward in coming forward when they were invited to savour a six course meal in the company of the show’s star judge Gregg Wallace next month.
Within days of announcing the mouth-watering meal, the team at The Sheene Mill in Melbourn have had to put up the ‘sold out’ signs because eager diners have been beating a path to their door.
Tables for two were quickly snapped up, but this week all the remaining seats were also booked by diners keen to chow down with the cheery cuisine chomper best known for his enthusiastic appetite for delicious desserts.
If you’d been able to snare a seat for the big night on Friday, February 19, it would have cost you £68 per person.
The menu includes such sumptuous delights as a glass of Prosecco on arrival, confit and smoked free duck terrine, fillet of stone bass and winter bisque, Hendricks, cucumber and tonic sorbet, roast saddle of Cambridgeshire lamb, white chocolate and rhubarb, followed by homemade petit fours.
You may also want to watch:
Gregg will host the evening, talking through the food as it arrives, chatting to diners during service and allowing time for any questions guests may have.
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 9 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 10 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'