Gregg is on a roll as Melbourn dinner is a sell-out
- Credit: Archant
Fans of BBC series MasterChef weren’t backward in coming forward when they were invited to savour a six course meal in the company of the show’s star judge Gregg Wallace next month.
Within days of announcing the mouth-watering meal, the team at The Sheene Mill in Melbourn have had to put up the ‘sold out’ signs because eager diners have been beating a path to their door.
Tables for two were quickly snapped up, but this week all the remaining seats were also booked by diners keen to chow down with the cheery cuisine chomper best known for his enthusiastic appetite for delicious desserts.
If you’d been able to snare a seat for the big night on Friday, February 19, it would have cost you £68 per person.
The menu includes such sumptuous delights as a glass of Prosecco on arrival, confit and smoked free duck terrine, fillet of stone bass and winter bisque, Hendricks, cucumber and tonic sorbet, roast saddle of Cambridgeshire lamb, white chocolate and rhubarb, followed by homemade petit fours.
You may also want to watch:
Gregg will host the evening, talking through the food as it arrives, chatting to diners during service and allowing time for any questions guests may have.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'