Grant will help club to keep on running
- Credit: Archant
A running club from Royston is set to benefit from a grant of £1,000 for a new storage unit.
Royston Runners are receiving the cash from North Herts District Council’s Royston area committee, which approved a grant at its meeting last week.
Established in 1985, Royston Runners encourages runners of all different abilities to join. The 200 plus members also actively participate in fundraising for charities by arranging fun runs such as Royston in Blue, the Royston fun run at the Woof Walk alongside more competitive races.
Royston Runner Chairman Pete Worsey said: “We are very grateful to the Royston Area Committee for this grant and their support for the club. We are proud to be an active part of the local community and this funding will allow us to invest in the future growth of the club.”
Cllr Bill Davidson, Vice-Chairman of the area committee said: “Royston Runners provide the opportunity for both beginners and competitive runners to meet socially and promote health and fitness. The club is a valuable part of the community, helping to raise much needed funding for charities in Royston.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the runners and how to join, visit www.roystonrunners.co.uk
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend