Grant will help club to keep on running
- Credit: Archant
A running club from Royston is set to benefit from a grant of £1,000 for a new storage unit.
Royston Runners are receiving the cash from North Herts District Council’s Royston area committee, which approved a grant at its meeting last week.
Established in 1985, Royston Runners encourages runners of all different abilities to join. The 200 plus members also actively participate in fundraising for charities by arranging fun runs such as Royston in Blue, the Royston fun run at the Woof Walk alongside more competitive races.
Royston Runner Chairman Pete Worsey said: “We are very grateful to the Royston Area Committee for this grant and their support for the club. We are proud to be an active part of the local community and this funding will allow us to invest in the future growth of the club.”
Cllr Bill Davidson, Vice-Chairman of the area committee said: “Royston Runners provide the opportunity for both beginners and competitive runners to meet socially and promote health and fitness. The club is a valuable part of the community, helping to raise much needed funding for charities in Royston.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the runners and how to join, visit www.roystonrunners.co.uk
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange