Grant helps planting for the future
JUST days after receiving a grant, members of the Royston Greenfingers Club were hard at work. The club was given £100 from the Royston Community Chest awards on Thursday evening. And on Saturday members were working on planting in the Grossalmerode Garde
JUST days after receiving a grant, members of the Royston Greenfingers Club were hard at work.
The club was given £100 from the Royston Community Chest awards on Thursday evening.
And on Saturday members were working on planting in the Grossalmerode Gardens between the town hall and the health centre.
The work is being carried out under the guidance of Royston in Bloom.
Other planting has taken place in King James Way, Newmarket Road and Burns Road after the public gave donations and plant site suggestions.
Meanwhile, the annual Blooms Night on Thursday, April 10, (7.30pm) will see the lauch of the Royston in Bloom 2008 competition.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 8 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
The evening will include a demonstration from Helen Lindhurst, of Mill End Nursery in Rushden, on imaginative ways of planting up containers and baskets.
There will also be an opportunity for the audience to ask questions on all aspects of gardening.
The Royston in Bloom competition will be taking place in June.
Entry forms will be available at Blooms Night, and later from the town hall, Royston library, and The Crow.