Grant funding available from Royston Round Table
- Credit: Archant
Royston Round Table are inviting communities around the town who would like to bid for funding.
Applications are now open for grants from the Round Table’s community account.
This is open to local clubs, community groups and people who could do with a financial boost.
Mark Parish, from the Royston and District Round Table, said: “The overriding principle is that the funds raised should have a positive beneficial impact on local people and communities.”
The Round Table was busy over Christmas helping Santa and his sleigh visit homes in Royston and the surrounding area, and have a packed programme coming up in the next few months.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parish said: “Being part of table is a great way to get out there, meet new friends and do something a bit different.
“One week we could be out with Santas Sleigh, the next flying gliders, the next going for a good old fashioned curry and a pint.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
“We’re looking for new members at the moment. Not least because Santa has a lot of ground to cover and many hands make light work.”
Grant applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the group’s website, www.roystonroundtable.co.uk, where there is also joining information.