Grant funding available from Royston Round Table
- Credit: Archant
Royston Round Table are inviting communities around the town who would like to bid for funding.
Applications are now open for grants from the Round Table’s community account.
This is open to local clubs, community groups and people who could do with a financial boost.
Mark Parish, from the Royston and District Round Table, said: “The overriding principle is that the funds raised should have a positive beneficial impact on local people and communities.”
The Round Table was busy over Christmas helping Santa and his sleigh visit homes in Royston and the surrounding area, and have a packed programme coming up in the next few months.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parish said: “Being part of table is a great way to get out there, meet new friends and do something a bit different.
“One week we could be out with Santas Sleigh, the next flying gliders, the next going for a good old fashioned curry and a pint.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 4 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
“We’re looking for new members at the moment. Not least because Santa has a lot of ground to cover and many hands make light work.”
Grant applications should be made by email to email@example.com or via the group’s website, www.roystonroundtable.co.uk, where there is also joining information.