Grant funding available from Royston Round Table
- Credit: Archant
Royston Round Table are inviting communities around the town who would like to bid for funding.
Applications are now open for grants from the Round Table’s community account.
This is open to local clubs, community groups and people who could do with a financial boost.
Mark Parish, from the Royston and District Round Table, said: “The overriding principle is that the funds raised should have a positive beneficial impact on local people and communities.”
The Round Table was busy over Christmas helping Santa and his sleigh visit homes in Royston and the surrounding area, and have a packed programme coming up in the next few months.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parish said: “Being part of table is a great way to get out there, meet new friends and do something a bit different.
“One week we could be out with Santas Sleigh, the next flying gliders, the next going for a good old fashioned curry and a pint.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 3 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 4 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 5 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
“We’re looking for new members at the moment. Not least because Santa has a lot of ground to cover and many hands make light work.”
Grant applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the group’s website, www.roystonroundtable.co.uk, where there is also joining information.