Grant funding available from Royston Round Table
- Credit: Archant
Royston Round Table are inviting communities around the town who would like to bid for funding.
Applications are now open for grants from the Round Table’s community account.
This is open to local clubs, community groups and people who could do with a financial boost.
Mark Parish, from the Royston and District Round Table, said: “The overriding principle is that the funds raised should have a positive beneficial impact on local people and communities.”
The Round Table was busy over Christmas helping Santa and his sleigh visit homes in Royston and the surrounding area, and have a packed programme coming up in the next few months.
Mr Parish said: “Being part of table is a great way to get out there, meet new friends and do something a bit different.
“One week we could be out with Santas Sleigh, the next flying gliders, the next going for a good old fashioned curry and a pint.
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 3 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 4 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 5 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 8 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
“We’re looking for new members at the moment. Not least because Santa has a lot of ground to cover and many hands make light work.”
Grant applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the group’s website, www.roystonroundtable.co.uk, where there is also joining information.