Grant for volunteer centre
- Credit: Archant
A VOLUNTEER centre has been boosted by a £1,200 grant to put towards its running costs.
Royston and District Volunteer Centre was awarded the cash by North Herts District Council’s Royston Area Committee at their meeting on Thursday. The grant will help meet some of the running costs of the centre.
Based at Royston Town Hall, the charity encourages and develops voluntary activity throughout all sections of the community. Working with local charities and community groups the centre offers one-to-one advice and training and helps identify and develop new volunteering activities.
Earlier this year it moved into new offices at the town hall.
Cllr Fiona Hill, Royston’s Area Committee Chairman said: “Royston and District Volunteer Centre is a valuable community asset which provides a range of services to help people into voluntary work. This has substantial benefits for both the charity or voluntary organisation and the individual who contributes their time, skills and energy to local projects.”
For more information about the volunteering opportunities available drop into the Volunteer Centre on Tuesday or Thursday from 10am-1pm, or call on 01763 243020 or email email@example.com for appointments at other times.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party