Grant for volunteer centre
- Credit: Archant
A VOLUNTEER centre has been boosted by a £1,200 grant to put towards its running costs.
Royston and District Volunteer Centre was awarded the cash by North Herts District Council’s Royston Area Committee at their meeting on Thursday. The grant will help meet some of the running costs of the centre.
Based at Royston Town Hall, the charity encourages and develops voluntary activity throughout all sections of the community. Working with local charities and community groups the centre offers one-to-one advice and training and helps identify and develop new volunteering activities.
Earlier this year it moved into new offices at the town hall.
Cllr Fiona Hill, Royston’s Area Committee Chairman said: “Royston and District Volunteer Centre is a valuable community asset which provides a range of services to help people into voluntary work. This has substantial benefits for both the charity or voluntary organisation and the individual who contributes their time, skills and energy to local projects.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the volunteering opportunities available drop into the Volunteer Centre on Tuesday or Thursday from 10am-1pm, or call on 01763 243020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for appointments at other times.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge