Grant for volunteer centre
- Credit: Archant
A VOLUNTEER centre has been boosted by a £1,200 grant to put towards its running costs.
Royston and District Volunteer Centre was awarded the cash by North Herts District Council’s Royston Area Committee at their meeting on Thursday. The grant will help meet some of the running costs of the centre.
Based at Royston Town Hall, the charity encourages and develops voluntary activity throughout all sections of the community. Working with local charities and community groups the centre offers one-to-one advice and training and helps identify and develop new volunteering activities.
Earlier this year it moved into new offices at the town hall.
Cllr Fiona Hill, Royston’s Area Committee Chairman said: “Royston and District Volunteer Centre is a valuable community asset which provides a range of services to help people into voluntary work. This has substantial benefits for both the charity or voluntary organisation and the individual who contributes their time, skills and energy to local projects.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the volunteering opportunities available drop into the Volunteer Centre on Tuesday or Thursday from 10am-1pm, or call on 01763 243020 or email email@example.com for appointments at other times.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?