'Good' school gets the thumbs up
ICKNIELD Walk First School is a good school with outstanding features according to inspections. The Ofsted inspectors visited the school before Easter, and their report confirms its good status. Chairman of governors at the school, the Rev Ian Smart
ICKNIELD Walk First School is a "good school with outstanding features" according to inspections.
The Ofsted inspectors visited the school before Easter, and their report confirms its "good" status.
Chairman of governors at the school, the Rev Ian Smart, said: "It [the report] speaks of the excellent contribution that is being made to our children's education by the staff.
"In particular, since this is the last Ofsted Inspection that we have with Marilyn Jones at the helm, it is a strong validation of her leadership and vision."
You may also want to watch:
The Rev Smart also thanked parents for their "continuing contributions" to their children's education.
Headteacher Miss Jones leaves her role at Icknield Walk at the end of this term, with new head Jane Sherwood taking up the post in September.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire