Going out: Morden Players present their 2010 pantomime Snow White and the Seven Bruvvers
A VILLAGE drama group are celebrating their silver jubilee with a special pantomime. The Morden players will be performing their 2010 pantomime, Snow White and the Seven Bruvvers, at Steeple Morden Village Hall next weekend. Although the story may be vagu
A VILLAGE drama group are celebrating their silver jubilee with a special pantomime.
The Morden players will be performing their 2010 pantomime, Snow White and the Seven Bruvvers, at Steeple Morden Village Hall next weekend.
Although the story may be vaguely familiar, many of the characters aren't. Freya Rowland takes the role of Snow White, while Hannah Oxenfold plays her love interest Prince Guiseppe Bruni. And out to snare Snow White in her trap is the villainous Queen Bee (Patsy Macdougall).
Throw in seven offbeat bruvvers, a wonder horse, a magic mirror, a supernanny, a couple of comic huntsmen, seven off-beat brothers, not to mention singing, dancing and all the usual audience participation, and you've got a recipe for oodles of panto fun.
A spokesman for the Morden Players said: "Tickets for the pantomime are already selling like hot cakes at Steeple Morden post office, and we are expecting full houses.
"Donations from the production are going to the local mobile warden scheme and the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth," she added.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 6 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 9 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 10 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
The Mordens pantomime is being performed on Thursday February 18, Friday February 19, and Saturday February 20. Performances start at 7.30pm, and there is a 2.30pm matinee on Saturday. Tickets are �5.50 for adults, and �4.50 for concessions, and can be purchased from Steeple Morden post office.