Going Out: Earnest Morden Players stage Oscar Wilde classic
What happens when two pretty girls both fall in love with men they both they believe to be called Earnest? The answer can be found the new production by the Morden Players. The group s latest show is the Oscar Wilde comedy of manners The Importance of Be
What happens when two pretty girls both fall in love with men they both they believe to be called Earnest?
The answer can be found the new production by the Morden Players.
The group's latest show is the Oscar Wilde comedy of manners The Importance of Being Earnest. It will be performed at Steeple Morden Village Hall from October 29 - October 31.
Robert Gilbert, president of the players, said: "Rehearsals are now entering the final stages, and the cast will imclude such stalwarts as Olwyn Buchta, Melanie Blackman, Frank Thorp and Marie-Therese and Ivan Cherasse. Returning to the stage after short absences are Sam Morris, Dick Lynch and Peter Allen. One new member is included in the cast, and the Players extend a warm welcome to Katie Berry."
You may also want to watch:
It has long been the practise of the Players to support local charities with donations from the profits of productions, and this show is now exception, with cash going to the Mordens and Litlington Mobile Warden Scheme.
Mr Gilbert explained: "They are a charity which, in the absence of resident wardens, looks after the needs of elderly and disabled residents of the three villages with daily telephone calls and weekly visits, collection of prescriptions and pensions, and help with the completion of complicated forms."
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 5 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 8 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 9 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Tickets for the Important of Being Earnest are now on sale at the Steeple Morden Post Office priced at �4 - �5. Curtain up for all performances is at 7:45pm.