Going Out; Cult band The Cribs coming to the Junction
AFTER a festival-free summer, The Cribs are refreshed and ready to tour once again. With album number four, Ignore the Ignorant, flying off the shelves already, one of the countries biggest cult bands play The Junction in Cambridge on September 25. Coming
AFTER a festival-free summer, The Cribs are refreshed and ready to tour once again.
With album number four, Ignore the Ignorant, flying off the shelves already, one of the countries biggest cult bands play The Junction in Cambridge on September 25.
Coming to prominence in 2002, clinging to the coat tails of The Libertines, The Cribs were part of what was labelled "the British rearguard" movement of indie bands fighting back against the dominance of American artists at the time.
Since then they have gained notoriety for this raucous, unpredictable live shows, and joined up with acts such as Franz Ferdinand and the Sex Pistols for concerts.
The band is made up of three brothers from Leeds - Gary, Ryan, and Ross Jarman. Recently they have added legendary musician Johnny Marr to their line up on a full time basis, after the ex-Smiths guitarists made several guest appearances in the studio. Having finished the new album, the band is hoping that new tracks such as We Were Aborted, Hari Kari, and Cheat on Me will go down well with their loyal fan base. The latter is the lead single from Ignore the Ignorant, and was released last month.
Their gig at the Junction, in Clifton Road, Cambridge, takes place on Friday September 25, with support being provided by American singer/songwriter Adam Green.
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Sign up to Rainbow Run in aid of our hospitals
- 9 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 10 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
Doors open at 7pm, with tickets costing �14. They can be booked via the Junction website, www.junction.co.uk, or by calling the box office on 01223 511 511. Please note that this gig is open to over-14's only.