Going Out: A Hotbed of theatrical talent
CAMBRIDGE will become a Hotbed of theatrical talent when a new festival commences today. The Hotbed Festival showcases the most vibrant new theatre productions from the East of England, and will run at the Junction for the next ten days. Flagship show at
CAMBRIDGE will become a Hotbed of theatrical talent when a new festival commences today.
The Hotbed Festival showcases the most vibrant new theatre productions from the East of England, and will run at the Junction for the next ten days.
Flagship show at the festival is Stand by your Van, a raucous new play which takes audiences to the heart of one of America's most bizarre fads - Touch the Truck contests.
There's a �25,000 truck in the middle of the stage and 12 contestants are holding onto it. The truck goes to the last person standing. It usually takes eight or nine days to get a winner. The play condenses 80 hours of endurance action from one of the most bizarre competitions ever dreamed up into 80 minutes of interactive theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Other plays include the premiere of Clare Bayley's latest work, At Sea, and a hilarious new play by Judy Upton, Flick To Kick, which is about a Subbuteo tournament that descends into farce.
A new face will be conceptual artist Chris Dobowolski, who uses his unique story-telling style to recount his extraordinary experience as artist-in-residence in Antarctica.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
More details on The Hotbed Festival can be found at www.menagerietheatre.co.uk/hotbedfest, or on the Junction website, www.junction.co.uk.
Performances times vary daily, with the festival starting today (Thursday June 25) and running until Saturday July 4. Tickets can be booked online, or by calling The Junction box office on 01223 511511.