Glow of Royston Cave brings a touch of Christmas magic
- Credit: Archant
About 100 people descended into the belly of Royston Cave to witness the magical moment it was lit up with candles as a special Christmas treat at the weekend.
A steady stream of visitors graced the Royston landmark on Saturday, taking it in turns every 20 minutes to soak up the atmosphere.
Cave manager James Robinson was really pleased with the turnout.
He said: “It was absolutely amazing.
“Everything went smoothly and the candles just lit up the cave in an almost magical way.
You may also want to watch:
“You could almost imagine you were back in medieval times.
“All the visitors seemed very pleased with what they saw and many of them were surprised at how deep down the cave was.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
“They said it was great that we have such a fascinating location in Royston.”
The cave opens during the summer months, and will reopen on Saturday, March 26.
To find out more about the cave and the summer opening hours, visit the website at www.roystoncave.co.uk.