Glow of Royston Cave brings a touch of Christmas magic
- Credit: Archant
About 100 people descended into the belly of Royston Cave to witness the magical moment it was lit up with candles as a special Christmas treat at the weekend.
A steady stream of visitors graced the Royston landmark on Saturday, taking it in turns every 20 minutes to soak up the atmosphere.
Cave manager James Robinson was really pleased with the turnout.
He said: “It was absolutely amazing.
“Everything went smoothly and the candles just lit up the cave in an almost magical way.
You may also want to watch:
“You could almost imagine you were back in medieval times.
“All the visitors seemed very pleased with what they saw and many of them were surprised at how deep down the cave was.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 9 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
“They said it was great that we have such a fascinating location in Royston.”
The cave opens during the summer months, and will reopen on Saturday, March 26.
To find out more about the cave and the summer opening hours, visit the website at www.roystoncave.co.uk.