Glow of Royston Cave brings a touch of Christmas magic
- Credit: Archant
About 100 people descended into the belly of Royston Cave to witness the magical moment it was lit up with candles as a special Christmas treat at the weekend.
A steady stream of visitors graced the Royston landmark on Saturday, taking it in turns every 20 minutes to soak up the atmosphere.
Cave manager James Robinson was really pleased with the turnout.
He said: “It was absolutely amazing.
“Everything went smoothly and the candles just lit up the cave in an almost magical way.
You may also want to watch:
“You could almost imagine you were back in medieval times.
“All the visitors seemed very pleased with what they saw and many of them were surprised at how deep down the cave was.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
“They said it was great that we have such a fascinating location in Royston.”
The cave opens during the summer months, and will reopen on Saturday, March 26.
To find out more about the cave and the summer opening hours, visit the website at www.roystoncave.co.uk.