Glow of Royston Cave brings a touch of Christmas magic
- Credit: Archant
About 100 people descended into the belly of Royston Cave to witness the magical moment it was lit up with candles as a special Christmas treat at the weekend.
A steady stream of visitors graced the Royston landmark on Saturday, taking it in turns every 20 minutes to soak up the atmosphere.
Cave manager James Robinson was really pleased with the turnout.
He said: “It was absolutely amazing.
“Everything went smoothly and the candles just lit up the cave in an almost magical way.
You may also want to watch:
“You could almost imagine you were back in medieval times.
“All the visitors seemed very pleased with what they saw and many of them were surprised at how deep down the cave was.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
“They said it was great that we have such a fascinating location in Royston.”
The cave opens during the summer months, and will reopen on Saturday, March 26.
To find out more about the cave and the summer opening hours, visit the website at www.roystoncave.co.uk.