Glow of Royston Cave brings a touch of Christmas magic
- Credit: Archant
About 100 people descended into the belly of Royston Cave to witness the magical moment it was lit up with candles as a special Christmas treat at the weekend.
A steady stream of visitors graced the Royston landmark on Saturday, taking it in turns every 20 minutes to soak up the atmosphere.
Cave manager James Robinson was really pleased with the turnout.
He said: “It was absolutely amazing.
“Everything went smoothly and the candles just lit up the cave in an almost magical way.
“You could almost imagine you were back in medieval times.
“All the visitors seemed very pleased with what they saw and many of them were surprised at how deep down the cave was.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 5 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
“They said it was great that we have such a fascinating location in Royston.”
The cave opens during the summer months, and will reopen on Saturday, March 26.
To find out more about the cave and the summer opening hours, visit the website at www.roystoncave.co.uk.