Glory for Ashwell pub at the heart of village
- Credit: Archant
A popular Ashwell pub has been rated one of the best in the country for food and standard of bedrooms after a recent inspection.
The Three Tuns received an AA Rosette Award for culinary excellence, as well as an AA Four Gold Star rating for its bedrooms.
The historic Greene King pub has been run by Tim Lightfoot since October 2013 when it underwent a significant refurbishment. Under Tim’s management the pub has earned a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
Tim said: “We have always strived for AA-level quality in everything we do, so we were all just over the moon when we heard we had been given accreditation. I am so proud of the whole team and we will be celebrating with our guests for some time to come.”
The AA awards recognise excellence throughout the hospitality industry and achieving an AA award is a prestigious accreditation that often takes restaurants and hotels many years to achieve.
You may also want to watch:
The AA congratulated the Three Tuns on Twitter, with the inspector saying that they “loved the fab refurb.”
The Three Tuns will receive plaques to showcase their awards, which will be displayed at the pub.
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts