Glory for Ashwell pub at the heart of village
- Credit: Archant
A popular Ashwell pub has been rated one of the best in the country for food and standard of bedrooms after a recent inspection.
The Three Tuns received an AA Rosette Award for culinary excellence, as well as an AA Four Gold Star rating for its bedrooms.
The historic Greene King pub has been run by Tim Lightfoot since October 2013 when it underwent a significant refurbishment. Under Tim’s management the pub has earned a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
Tim said: “We have always strived for AA-level quality in everything we do, so we were all just over the moon when we heard we had been given accreditation. I am so proud of the whole team and we will be celebrating with our guests for some time to come.”
The AA awards recognise excellence throughout the hospitality industry and achieving an AA award is a prestigious accreditation that often takes restaurants and hotels many years to achieve.
You may also want to watch:
The AA congratulated the Three Tuns on Twitter, with the inspector saying that they “loved the fab refurb.”
The Three Tuns will receive plaques to showcase their awards, which will be displayed at the pub.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks