Glorious gardens open to the public
Open events this weekend
GARDENS in a village will be blooming this weekend for an annual open gardens event
The 10th Barrington open gardens will 18 gardens around the village open to visitors, including the one owned by Colin Waring, of West Green.
Classic and vintage cars will also be on show on the Sunday, while there will be a pottery, plants, and bric-a-brac on sale, along with teas and cakes. Proceeds will go towards the maintenance of the village church.
The gardens will be open from 2pm - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20. Entrance is �5 for adults, and children go free.
You may also want to watch:
n Eight gardens in Whaddon will be open on Sunday.
The Hidden Gardens of Whaddon will represent many different styles of garden including cottage gardens and more formal arrangements.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
Proceeds from the event will go towards the restoration of Whaddon village hall, and tickets will be on sale at the hall on the day.
Admission is �5 for adults, including tea and cake, and free for children, and the gardens are open from 11am - 4pm.