Glorious gardens open to the public
Open events this weekend
GARDENS in a village will be blooming this weekend for an annual open gardens event
The 10th Barrington open gardens will 18 gardens around the village open to visitors, including the one owned by Colin Waring, of West Green.
Classic and vintage cars will also be on show on the Sunday, while there will be a pottery, plants, and bric-a-brac on sale, along with teas and cakes. Proceeds will go towards the maintenance of the village church.
The gardens will be open from 2pm - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20. Entrance is �5 for adults, and children go free.
You may also want to watch:
n Eight gardens in Whaddon will be open on Sunday.
The Hidden Gardens of Whaddon will represent many different styles of garden including cottage gardens and more formal arrangements.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 'It's one of the best gigs to do' - Troublemaker star Olly Murs looks ahead to his Newmarket Nights concert
Proceeds from the event will go towards the restoration of Whaddon village hall, and tickets will be on sale at the hall on the day.
Admission is �5 for adults, including tea and cake, and free for children, and the gardens are open from 11am - 4pm.