Glorious gardens open to the public
Open events this weekend
GARDENS in a village will be blooming this weekend for an annual open gardens event
The 10th Barrington open gardens will 18 gardens around the village open to visitors, including the one owned by Colin Waring, of West Green.
Classic and vintage cars will also be on show on the Sunday, while there will be a pottery, plants, and bric-a-brac on sale, along with teas and cakes. Proceeds will go towards the maintenance of the village church.
The gardens will be open from 2pm - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20. Entrance is �5 for adults, and children go free.
You may also want to watch:
n Eight gardens in Whaddon will be open on Sunday.
The Hidden Gardens of Whaddon will represent many different styles of garden including cottage gardens and more formal arrangements.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 4 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
Proceeds from the event will go towards the restoration of Whaddon village hall, and tickets will be on sale at the hall on the day.
Admission is �5 for adults, including tea and cake, and free for children, and the gardens are open from 11am - 4pm.