Glorious gardens open to the public
Open events this weekend
GARDENS in a village will be blooming this weekend for an annual open gardens event
The 10th Barrington open gardens will 18 gardens around the village open to visitors, including the one owned by Colin Waring, of West Green.
Classic and vintage cars will also be on show on the Sunday, while there will be a pottery, plants, and bric-a-brac on sale, along with teas and cakes. Proceeds will go towards the maintenance of the village church.
The gardens will be open from 2pm - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20. Entrance is �5 for adults, and children go free.
You may also want to watch:
n Eight gardens in Whaddon will be open on Sunday.
The Hidden Gardens of Whaddon will represent many different styles of garden including cottage gardens and more formal arrangements.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
Proceeds from the event will go towards the restoration of Whaddon village hall, and tickets will be on sale at the hall on the day.
Admission is �5 for adults, including tea and cake, and free for children, and the gardens are open from 11am - 4pm.