Girl, 12, needs a new loving family
A FOSTER family from the Royston area is being sought for a 12-year old girl. Child L has been living with her short term foster carer for just over a year. She does not wish to change schools, so would like a foster placement close to her current scho
A FOSTER family from the Royston area is being sought for a 12-year old girl.
Child "L" has been living with her short term foster carer for just over a year.
She does not wish to change schools, so would like a foster placement close to her current school so that her friendship group and education can continue.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire County Council said: "L is a happy character with a 'cheeky disposition' once you get to know her.
"She is a joker and likes to make people laugh and smile. She can also be very thoughtful.
"She mostly likes to be around others but can also enjoy her own company and can be quiet."
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
The spokesman added that L has stated that she would like to live "in a family with other girls" as she has never lived with boys before.
It is felt that she would do well in an environment with older girls whom she can look up to, although L has said that she would like to be with younger children.
L needs a placement in the Royston area, including villages north of Royston.
Carers will need to be able to provide her with continued support to understand her past and family relationships.
They will need to be able to advocate and promote contact with her family, particularly her sister.
The spokesman said: "Carers will need to be able to offer stability and reassurance to help build her self esteem."
For further details, contact Lynsey Pinnington at Hertfordshire County Council's North Fostering Team on 01438 843790 or call the countywide fostering team on 01438 844400.