Girl, 12, needs a new loving family
A FOSTER family from the Royston area is being sought for a 12-year old girl. Child L has been living with her short term foster carer for just over a year. She does not wish to change schools, so would like a foster placement close to her current scho
A FOSTER family from the Royston area is being sought for a 12-year old girl.
Child "L" has been living with her short term foster carer for just over a year.
She does not wish to change schools, so would like a foster placement close to her current school so that her friendship group and education can continue.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire County Council said: "L is a happy character with a 'cheeky disposition' once you get to know her.
You may also want to watch:
"She is a joker and likes to make people laugh and smile. She can also be very thoughtful.
"She mostly likes to be around others but can also enjoy her own company and can be quiet."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The spokesman added that L has stated that she would like to live "in a family with other girls" as she has never lived with boys before.
It is felt that she would do well in an environment with older girls whom she can look up to, although L has said that she would like to be with younger children.
L needs a placement in the Royston area, including villages north of Royston.
Carers will need to be able to provide her with continued support to understand her past and family relationships.
They will need to be able to advocate and promote contact with her family, particularly her sister.
The spokesman said: "Carers will need to be able to offer stability and reassurance to help build her self esteem."
For further details, contact Lynsey Pinnington at Hertfordshire County Council's North Fostering Team on 01438 843790 or call the countywide fostering team on 01438 844400.