Getting in the swing
ROYSTON S mayor Cllr Peter Lill hopes to have raised more than £2,500 from his charity golf day on Friday. Some 19 teams turned out at Barkway Park Golf Club to support the mayor in this annual event. The weather was horrendous, said Cllr Lill. I thin
ROYSTON'S mayor Cllr Peter Lill hopes to have raised more than £2,500 from his charity golf day on Friday.
Some 19 teams turned out at Barkway Park Golf Club to support the mayor in this annual event.
"The weather was horrendous," said Cllr Lill. "I think it was the worst day of the year with the weather, but everyone came out to support the mayor's charity.
"In spite of the weather it was really worthwhile," he said.
Cllr Lill is raising money during his mayoral year for the Royston Speakout Stroke Club at the Old Barn in Royston, and the Lewin Stroke and Rehabilitation Unit at Addenbrooke's hospital.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?