Getting in the swing
ROYSTON S mayor Cllr Peter Lill hopes to have raised more than £2,500 from his charity golf day on Friday. Some 19 teams turned out at Barkway Park Golf Club to support the mayor in this annual event. The weather was horrendous, said Cllr Lill. I thin
ROYSTON'S mayor Cllr Peter Lill hopes to have raised more than £2,500 from his charity golf day on Friday.
Some 19 teams turned out at Barkway Park Golf Club to support the mayor in this annual event.
"The weather was horrendous," said Cllr Lill. "I think it was the worst day of the year with the weather, but everyone came out to support the mayor's charity.
"In spite of the weather it was really worthwhile," he said.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lill is raising money during his mayoral year for the Royston Speakout Stroke Club at the Old Barn in Royston, and the Lewin Stroke and Rehabilitation Unit at Addenbrooke's hospital.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station