Get the vibe with free days of fun
IF you want to make the most of the summer months in one of Cambridge s best loved open spaces, get yourself down to Parker s Piece where Vibe FM will be holding three days of free entertainment. The weekend starts on July 14 with Pop in the Park – a pop
IF you want to make the most of the summer months in one of Cambridge's best loved open spaces, get yourself down to Parker's Piece where Vibe FM will be holding three days of free entertainment.
The weekend starts on July 14 with Pop in the Park - a pop concert which will see people party into the night.
The line-up includes rockstar Roy Wood who is well-known for his band Wizzard.
On July 15, the Big Day Out starts at midday with hours of non-stop fun including a tea dance, a puppet show, circus shows and walkabout characters from the Grand Theatre of Lemmings.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be music for all tastes and ages including jazz, funk, soul, latin, reggae, rock 'n' roll and swing from the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s.
Emily Barker, a country folk star from Australia, and country singer Steve Adams will also take to the stage.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
A firework display will end the day in spectacular style at 10.30pm.
For a relaxing day in the sun, be sure not to miss Summer Sunday World Music Day on July 16.
There will be a range of live acts and entertainment from around the world including the Afro Cuban All Stars, The Peace Jam and Daphe Sadeh and the Voyagers.
Elsewhere, the Srishti Indian Classical Dance and Djembe drumming with Tom the Pom will be holding workshops.
- For more details visit www.cambridge-summer.co.uk