Get set for flower power in Thriplow
DAFFODILS are blooming again in Thriplow as the village gears up for its annual daffodil weekend. The celebration of spring takes place this weekend, and as usual an array of stalls and attractions are planned. Lynne Turner, from the organising committe
DAFFODILS are blooming again in Thriplow as the village gears up for its annual daffodil weekend.
The "celebration of spring" takes place this weekend, and as usual an array of stalls and attractions are planned.
Lynne Turner, from the organising committee, said: "The daffodils are looking particularly stunning this year because of the cold winter we've had."
This is the 41st year that Thriplow has held a Daffodil Festival, and this year the organisers have nominated mental health charity Cam-Mind as their external charity.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can enjoy a display of Morris dancing, watch a smithy at work, and sample hot food.
The daffodil weekend will run from 11am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
For more information visit www.thriplow.org.uk.