Get set for flower power in Thriplow
DAFFODILS are blooming again in Thriplow as the village gears up for its annual daffodil weekend. The celebration of spring takes place this weekend, and as usual an array of stalls and attractions are planned. Lynne Turner, from the organising committe
DAFFODILS are blooming again in Thriplow as the village gears up for its annual daffodil weekend.
The "celebration of spring" takes place this weekend, and as usual an array of stalls and attractions are planned.
Lynne Turner, from the organising committee, said: "The daffodils are looking particularly stunning this year because of the cold winter we've had."
This is the 41st year that Thriplow has held a Daffodil Festival, and this year the organisers have nominated mental health charity Cam-Mind as their external charity.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can enjoy a display of Morris dancing, watch a smithy at work, and sample hot food.
The daffodil weekend will run from 11am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 4 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 5 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 10 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
For more information visit www.thriplow.org.uk.