Get set for bank holiday big band concert by Royston’s Opus 17
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s own swing band will be stepping out of their American air force outfits to play a contemporary concert in Royston on May 1.
Kimberley Devonshire is Opus 17’s resident vocalist will perform hits like Blue Skies and A Foggy Day, and the band will continue the theme with Weather Report’s Birdland.
Kimberley‘s other numbers will include Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Call by Nora Jones and You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me by Dusty Springfield.
The instrumental numbers from the band will include Van Morrison’s Moon Dance and Gonna Fly Now from Rocky.
The show starts at 2.15pm in the courtyard of the Old Bull Inn in High Street, or if wet, the gig will take place in the ballroom.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free and all are invited to enjoy the big band sound.
For further information call Graham Smith on 01223 263171.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 5 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day