Get set for £10,000 cash bid
CHARITIES in Royston have less than a month to apply for a £10,000 donation. The Saffron Walden Herts & Essex Building Society, which has a branch in Market Hill, Royston, is accepting applications until May 2. To be eligible, charities must operate withi
CHARITIES in Royston have less than a month to apply for a £10,000 donation.
The Saffron Walden Herts & Essex Building Society, which has a branch in Market Hill, Royston, is accepting applications until May 2.
To be eligible, charities must operate within the eastern region, and should show how the money will be used to benefit the region.
The donation is part of the society's charity support scheme for 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Last year charities received more than £50,000 from the scheme.
Building society chief executive Richard Bolton said: "This is an exciting opportunity for charities and we a keen to help them make a real difference in the region."
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
Organisations interested in applying should e-mail email@example.com or visit the building society's website at www.swhebs.co.uk
A selection panel will decide on the winning charities.