Get set for £10,000 cash bid
CHARITIES in Royston have less than a month to apply for a £10,000 donation. The Saffron Walden Herts & Essex Building Society, which has a branch in Market Hill, Royston, is accepting applications until May 2. To be eligible, charities must operate withi
CHARITIES in Royston have less than a month to apply for a £10,000 donation.
The Saffron Walden Herts & Essex Building Society, which has a branch in Market Hill, Royston, is accepting applications until May 2.
To be eligible, charities must operate within the eastern region, and should show how the money will be used to benefit the region.
The donation is part of the society's charity support scheme for 2006.
Last year charities received more than £50,000 from the scheme.
Building society chief executive Richard Bolton said: "This is an exciting opportunity for charities and we a keen to help them make a real difference in the region."
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
Organisations interested in applying should e-mail email@example.com or visit the building society's website at www.swhebs.co.uk
A selection panel will decide on the winning charities.