Get set for £10,000 cash bid
CHARITIES in Royston have less than a month to apply for a £10,000 donation. The Saffron Walden Herts & Essex Building Society, which has a branch in Market Hill, Royston, is accepting applications until May 2. To be eligible, charities must operate withi
CHARITIES in Royston have less than a month to apply for a £10,000 donation.
The Saffron Walden Herts & Essex Building Society, which has a branch in Market Hill, Royston, is accepting applications until May 2.
To be eligible, charities must operate within the eastern region, and should show how the money will be used to benefit the region.
The donation is part of the society's charity support scheme for 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Last year charities received more than £50,000 from the scheme.
Building society chief executive Richard Bolton said: "This is an exciting opportunity for charities and we a keen to help them make a real difference in the region."
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
Organisations interested in applying should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the building society's website at www.swhebs.co.uk
A selection panel will decide on the winning charities.