Get set for £10,000 cash bid
CHARITIES in Royston have less than a month to apply for a £10,000 donation. The Saffron Walden Herts & Essex Building Society, which has a branch in Market Hill, Royston, is accepting applications until May 2. To be eligible, charities must operate withi
CHARITIES in Royston have less than a month to apply for a £10,000 donation.
The Saffron Walden Herts & Essex Building Society, which has a branch in Market Hill, Royston, is accepting applications until May 2.
To be eligible, charities must operate within the eastern region, and should show how the money will be used to benefit the region.
The donation is part of the society's charity support scheme for 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Last year charities received more than £50,000 from the scheme.
Building society chief executive Richard Bolton said: "This is an exciting opportunity for charities and we a keen to help them make a real difference in the region."
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
Organisations interested in applying should e-mail email@example.com or visit the building society's website at www.swhebs.co.uk
A selection panel will decide on the winning charities.