Get ready teddy for parachute launch
FIREFIGHTERS from Buntingford are inviting children to take their teddies along to the station s open day on Saturday. Children will be able to enter them in a teddy bear parachute launch. Crew manager Wesley Cook, said: We are looking forward to meetin
FIREFIGHTERS from Buntingford are inviting children to take their teddies along to the station's open day on Saturday.
Children will be able to enter them in a teddy bear parachute launch.
Crew manager Wesley Cook, said: "We are looking forward to meeting people from the area to share fire safety advice and encourage people to book a free home fire safety check."
Firefighters will be giving advice on smoke alarms and home safety.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be giving a dramatic demonstration of a chip pan fire and a road traffic collision.
Herts police and the East of England Ambulance Service will be running stands at the event.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
Other attractions will include a bouncy castle and face-painting.
The open day will run from 10am to 4pm.