Get ready teddy for parachute launch
FIREFIGHTERS from Buntingford are inviting children to take their teddies along to the station s open day on Saturday. Children will be able to enter them in a teddy bear parachute launch. Crew manager Wesley Cook, said: We are looking forward to meetin
FIREFIGHTERS from Buntingford are inviting children to take their teddies along to the station's open day on Saturday.
Children will be able to enter them in a teddy bear parachute launch.
Crew manager Wesley Cook, said: "We are looking forward to meeting people from the area to share fire safety advice and encourage people to book a free home fire safety check."
Firefighters will be giving advice on smoke alarms and home safety.
They will also be giving a dramatic demonstration of a chip pan fire and a road traffic collision.
Herts police and the East of England Ambulance Service will be running stands at the event.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 9 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 10 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
Other attractions will include a bouncy castle and face-painting.
The open day will run from 10am to 4pm.