Get ready teddy for parachute launch
FIREFIGHTERS from Buntingford are inviting children to take their teddies along to the station s open day on Saturday. Children will be able to enter them in a teddy bear parachute launch. Crew manager Wesley Cook, said: We are looking forward to meetin
FIREFIGHTERS from Buntingford are inviting children to take their teddies along to the station's open day on Saturday.
Children will be able to enter them in a teddy bear parachute launch.
Crew manager Wesley Cook, said: "We are looking forward to meeting people from the area to share fire safety advice and encourage people to book a free home fire safety check."
Firefighters will be giving advice on smoke alarms and home safety.
They will also be giving a dramatic demonstration of a chip pan fire and a road traffic collision.
Herts police and the East of England Ambulance Service will be running stands at the event.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Other attractions will include a bouncy castle and face-painting.
The open day will run from 10am to 4pm.