Get moving for a good cause
A NEW charity event aims to get people jogging – or walking. The first Royston Jogwalk has been organised for Sunday May 23 in aid of Cancer Research UK. Entry is �5 for all ages, and all finishers will get a medal. Organiser Maurice Hill said: There hav
A NEW charity event aims to get people jogging - or walking.
The first Royston Jogwalk has been organised for Sunday May 23 in aid of Cancer Research UK.
Entry is �5 for all ages, and all finishers will get a medal.
Organiser Maurice Hill said: "There have been great breakthroughs in cancer research recently, mostly from the Cambridge Research Centre, which is where the majority of the funds we raise will go."
You may also want to watch:
The race starts at 11am at the Heath Sports Centre.
Entry forms are available from Sports Kit, Royston Library, the Heath Sports Centre, or by calling Mr Hill on 07719 132793.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation