Get moving for a good cause
A NEW charity event aims to get people jogging – or walking. The first Royston Jogwalk has been organised for Sunday May 23 in aid of Cancer Research UK. Entry is �5 for all ages, and all finishers will get a medal. Organiser Maurice Hill said: There hav
A NEW charity event aims to get people jogging - or walking.
The first Royston Jogwalk has been organised for Sunday May 23 in aid of Cancer Research UK.
Entry is �5 for all ages, and all finishers will get a medal.
Organiser Maurice Hill said: "There have been great breakthroughs in cancer research recently, mostly from the Cambridge Research Centre, which is where the majority of the funds we raise will go."
You may also want to watch:
The race starts at 11am at the Heath Sports Centre.
Entry forms are available from Sports Kit, Royston Library, the Heath Sports Centre, or by calling Mr Hill on 07719 132793.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation