Get fell in, it’s your chance to help IWM Duxford team welcome visitors
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Exciting new developments at the Imperial War Museum at Duxford mean that there is a new way to get involved at this historic site where you can learn about the airfield’s role in the First World War, Second World War and the Cold War.
Volunteers are needed to provide a warm and friendly welcome to the family groups that visit the historic site.
Volunteers will be provided with training and information on interaction with visitors, site policies, site-wide information and historical content so that they can confidently promote the IWM’s unique collection of aircraft and large objects as well as making suggestions of how to get round the site, distributing family resources, collecting feedback and answering questions posed by visitors.
As a family welcome and information volunteer you will be the foundation of a high quality visitor experience for family groups.
You may also want to watch:
There are always plenty of family activities going on at IWM Duxford including fun activities during school holidays, daily tours and specific family-friendly events.
Youngsters can let off steam in the museum’s green open spaces, the exciting playground and activity zone and then enjoy a picnic or visit the restaurant and cafes.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
At the end of the pilot project the volunteers will help to shape the new family welcome at IWM Duxford and make suggestions on how the museum can achieve its vision of inspiring a deeper understanding of conflict by bringing people physically and emotionally closer to the realities of war.
Just contact us to help this new project take off.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk