General election 2015: Heidi Allen becomes new Conservative MP in South Cambridgeshire after taking over from Andrew Lansley
- Credit: Archant
South Cambridgeshire has stayed Conservative, with Heidi Allen taking over the seat from the outgoing Andrew Lansley.
The new MP won with a huge majority of 20,594. Previous MP Andrew Lansley had had a majority of 7,838 over the Lib Dems whose number of votes has more than halved.
HEIDI ALLEN, Con - 31,454 (ELECTED)
Dan Greef, Lab - 10,860
Sebastian Kindersley, Lib Dems - 9,368
Marion Mason, UKIP - 6,010
Simon Saggers, Green - 3,848
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 4 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 5 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
Turnout: 73.37 per cent