General election 2015: Heidi Allen becomes new Conservative MP in South Cambridgeshire after taking over from Andrew Lansley
- Credit: Archant
South Cambridgeshire has stayed Conservative, with Heidi Allen taking over the seat from the outgoing Andrew Lansley.
The new MP won with a huge majority of 20,594. Previous MP Andrew Lansley had had a majority of 7,838 over the Lib Dems whose number of votes has more than halved.
HEIDI ALLEN, Con - 31,454 (ELECTED)
Dan Greef, Lab - 10,860
Sebastian Kindersley, Lib Dems - 9,368
Marion Mason, UKIP - 6,010
Simon Saggers, Green - 3,848
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Turnout: 73.37 per cent