General election 2015: Heidi Allen becomes new Conservative MP in South Cambridgeshire after taking over from Andrew Lansley
- Credit: Archant
South Cambridgeshire has stayed Conservative, with Heidi Allen taking over the seat from the outgoing Andrew Lansley.
The new MP won with a huge majority of 20,594. Previous MP Andrew Lansley had had a majority of 7,838 over the Lib Dems whose number of votes has more than halved.
HEIDI ALLEN, Con - 31,454 (ELECTED)
Dan Greef, Lab - 10,860
Sebastian Kindersley, Lib Dems - 9,368
You may also want to watch:
Marion Mason, UKIP - 6,010
Simon Saggers, Green - 3,848
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
Turnout: 73.37 per cent