Geared up for the challenge!
TWO Royston cyclists are preparing for mammoth journeys at home and abroad.
James Moore and Nick Ross, both employees of Royston Leisure Centre, are to cycle 90 miles around Hertfordshire later this month in preparation for a ride to Paris in August.
The pair will visit 17 other Leisure Centres in the county on March 28 before their four-day trek to the French capital on August 17 – and its all in aid of a good cause.
James, 23, said: “We will spend all day riding around the other centres run by our company, including stops in Flitwick, Biggleswade, Sandy, Baldock and several in Stevenage, collecting donations as we go.
“We are going to set off at around 7am, and will keep going until we drop!”
You may also want to watch:
The pair will be raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support, setting themselves a target of �3,000.
The first ride is merely a warm up for their second challenge though – a 300 mile jaunt to Paris.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
“We are ready to take on the ride and wel feel training is going well,” said James.
“Its for a worthy cause so that will keep us going and we are hoping that the first trip will prepare us adequately.”
Royston Leisure Centre is hosting an open day on Monday 28 March when activities will be available to sample for free.
Aerobics, core stability, circuit training, body combat and more will all be on offer, with donations to James and Nick’s cause welcome.
Donations can also be made by visiting www.justgiving.com/roystonleisurecentre.
Call the centre on 01763 255190 for more details.