GCSE results day 2017: Bassingbourn Village College
- Credit: Archant
Students at Bassingbourn Village College are celebrating another “impressive haul of A and A* grades” in their GCSE results.
A quarter of students at the school in South End achieved eight or more of the highest grades – A*, A or 7, 8, or 9.
Principal Duncan Cooper said: “I am delighted to say that a third of all grades awarded to our students were A or A* for a second year running. It’s an impressive achievement and shows just how hard our staff and students have worked in a year where the exams have become more challenging and harder to secure these top grades. I am incredibly proud of them all.
“We are particularly delighted with the grades for languages - in Spanish over half of the cohort achieved an A/A* grade and in Latin 90% of the cohort secured the top grades. In the new style GCSEs students were also successful in securing the top grades with 50% of all students achieving 5+ in English and Maths.”
Three students achieved A and A*, or equivalent, across the board - Pheobe Elvin, Elizabeth Marriage and Maddie Shohet.
You may also want to watch:
Seven students achieved 11 A and A*, or equivalent – Finn Chapman, Emily Dow, Ben Hale, Tom Nussey, Patrick Safford and Robert Steyn.
These results come at the end of a year which has seen the college listed in the top seven per cent of schools in England for pupil progress in English.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!