GCSE results day 2017: Bassingbourn Village College
- Credit: Archant
Students at Bassingbourn Village College are celebrating another “impressive haul of A and A* grades” in their GCSE results.
A quarter of students at the school in South End achieved eight or more of the highest grades – A*, A or 7, 8, or 9.
Principal Duncan Cooper said: “I am delighted to say that a third of all grades awarded to our students were A or A* for a second year running. It’s an impressive achievement and shows just how hard our staff and students have worked in a year where the exams have become more challenging and harder to secure these top grades. I am incredibly proud of them all.
“We are particularly delighted with the grades for languages - in Spanish over half of the cohort achieved an A/A* grade and in Latin 90% of the cohort secured the top grades. In the new style GCSEs students were also successful in securing the top grades with 50% of all students achieving 5+ in English and Maths.”
Three students achieved A and A*, or equivalent, across the board - Pheobe Elvin, Elizabeth Marriage and Maddie Shohet.
You may also want to watch:
Seven students achieved 11 A and A*, or equivalent – Finn Chapman, Emily Dow, Ben Hale, Tom Nussey, Patrick Safford and Robert Steyn.
These results come at the end of a year which has seen the college listed in the top seven per cent of schools in England for pupil progress in English.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result