GCSE Results 2016: Melbourn Village College
- Credit: Archant
Students at Melbourn Village College are celebrating a strong set of results and improvement with 74 per cent of students achieving A*-C in English and maths.
The percentage of students achieving five A*-C grades including English and maths rose 20 per cent on last year. Progress levels in core subjects were also high, with 85 per cent of students achieving expected progress in English and maths.
There was particular success for the college’s maths department where 58 per cent made more than expected progress – looking to continue a trend that saw the College in the top five per cent of Maths departments in the country last year.
Principal Simon Holmes said about the results: “We are really pleased with our results. Not only have we seen real improvement in the number of students achieving the top grades in five GCSEs including English and maths, but we’re also seeing a clear trend of students making expected or more than expected progress in these subjects.
“It’s been particularly encouraging to see our maths department continuing to deliver some of the best results in the country.
You may also want to watch:
“Congratulations to all of our students who have worked exceptionally hard to achieve these results, and of course we also want to recognise our dedicated staff who work tirelessly to support our students.”
Top performers included Amy Selby, Carys Davies and Cameron Lee.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show