GCSE results 2016: Freman College, Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Freman College in Buntingford said she ‘couldn’t be prouder’ after 80 per cent of students learned that they achieved five or more A*-C grades at GCSE this morning.
And 75 per cent of students gained five or more A*-C grades which included both English and maths.
It is not just GCSE results that are being celebrated at the school, Year 11 student, Lewis Tough from Royston, is also celebrating the fact that in addition to his 11 A*s and 1 A grade in his GCSEs he has also gained A grades in AS-levels in German and mathematics.
Lewis also achieved full marks in both his computing and French GCSEs.
Lewis said: “I am really pleased with how well I’ve done and I’m looking forward to starting my A-levels in the sixth form.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: “These are stunning results - the students should all feel so proud of themselves.
“I couldn’t be prouder and I know their families will be feeling the same way. They worked phenomenally hard and as a result they have put themselves in such a strong position for the next step in their careers. We will be welcoming record numbers back into the sixth form and have other students going on to excellent further education courses.”
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
The school’s top performers included:
Lewis Tough - Grade A in AS Level German and mathematics in addition to 11 A*s and one A at GCSE
Joe Ganellin - 11 A*s, two As
Ben Spriggs - 10 A*s and one A
Archie Blackaby - nine A*s and three As
Owen Groves - nine A*s and three As
Henry Eaglesfield - eight A*s, three As and 1 B
Izack Scott - eight A*s and 3 As
Rosie Beed - seven A*s, four As and one B
Ewan Fewell - seven A*s, four As and one B
Lydia Bishop - six A*s, two As and four Bs
Naomi Anderson - six A*s, one A, and four Bs
Simon Keogh - five A*s and 8 As
Sarah-Jayne Byrne - five A*s and seven As
Matthew Yates - five A*s, six As, and one B
Lizzy Cooney - five A*s, three As and three Bs
Katie Jeffreys - four A*s, six As and two Bs
Izzy Mitcham - four A*s, six As and one B
Maria Snape - four A*s, two As and four Bs