GCSE results 2016: Bassingbourn Village College
- Credit: Archant
Students at Bassingbourn Village College, near Royston, are celebrating after a third of all grades awarded were A* or A.
Principal Duncan Cooper said: “It’s an impressive achievement and shows just how hard our staff and students have worked. I am incredibly proud of them all.
“99 per cent of the students achieved the grades necessary to move up to their chosen sixth form college which was fantastic.”
Almost half of the Bassingbourn students have achieved three or more A and A* grades, with 73 per cent of students gaining five or more GCSES at A*-C grade and 66 per cent gaining five or more A*-Cs which include English and maths.
High achievers include Arthur Baigent, Daisy Bergin, Lois Daw, Charlotte Day, Isobel Holcroft, Melissa Jakes, Ellen Jenkins, Bronwen Laugharne and Emily Newberry who all achieved straight A and A* grades.
You may also want to watch:
Following the new Progress 8 scoring, introduced by the Government to gauge pupil progress, Bassingbourn has a number of students who have scored particularly highly. Lauren Gwyther, Alex Collett-Sinfield, Sofi Rendell and Bronwen Laugharne all showed exceptional progress during their time at the college.
These results come at the end of an extremely successful academic year which has seen the college listed in the top nine per cent of schools in England for pupil progress.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton