GCSE results 2014: Melbourn Village College
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Village College students have secured record GCSE results with a five per cent rise in top grades.
75 per cent of students passed with five or more A* to C grades, including maths and English, which is a five per cent rise on last year.
The village college, who joined the Comberton Academy Trust family at the beginning of this year, also revealed a seven per cent rise in Maths from last year, with 86 per cent of students achieving A* to C grades.
Of the 96 Year 11 students who sat GCSEs this at the college this summer, Lucy Hanlon and Mia Brown achieved A* grades across the board, closely followed by Eleanor Dixon with 10 A*.
Principal Simon Holmes said: “Once again, staff and students are celebrating another set of excellent exam results. We are really pleased to see the rise in the percentage of students who achieved an A* to C grade in the core subject of Maths, and the five per cent rise in the total number of grades at A* to A across all subjects which is now 33 per cent; it is fantastic to see ambitious children thriving at the college.
You may also want to watch:
“Since becoming a part of the Comberton Academy Trust we have worked with the other schools to help us to improve further and to push our students to achieve even higher grades and even more secure futures. We wish all of our students great success in whichever career path they have chosen.”
Comberton Academy Trust executive principal Stephen Munday said: “This is the first set of GCSE results from Melbourn Village College since joining Comberton Academy so it is very pleasing to see the improvement made by an already good college. We look forward to using all our expertise to ensure continued progress in the future.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid