GCSE results 2014: Freman College, Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
More than 25 per cent of all GCSE grades at Freman College in Buntingford were A*s or As, with the headteacher praising students for doing “brilliantly”.
Out of the 213 Year 11 students taking the exams, 73 per cent achieved five or more A*-C grades including English and maths – breaking the college’s previous record.
Overall, 99 per cent of students passed at least five GCSEs and 40 per cent gained the English Baccalaureate Certificate, which includes English, maths and science.
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: “The students have done brilliantly and I feel really proud of how hard both they and their teachers worked to achieve these outstanding results. At a time when we know GCSEs are being made harder, they have surpassed the best results we have ever had according the government’s own key measure of success.
“A great deal of credit goes to their parents too, as it is no mean feat to support youngsters through the preparation required for these demanding exams.”
You may also want to watch:
The college highlighted the following students as top performers:
Jack Jeffreys: 8 A*s, 5As
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 3 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
Roya Keswick: 8 A*s, 3 As
Harriet Bradford: 6 A*s, 2 As, B
Rosie Oliver: 5 A*s, 5 As
Jennifer List: 4 A*s, 7 As, B
Caitlin Vann: 4 A*s, 5 As, B
Amy Walker: 4 A*s, 5 As, B