GCSE results 2014: Freman College, Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
More than 25 per cent of all GCSE grades at Freman College in Buntingford were A*s or As, with the headteacher praising students for doing “brilliantly”.
Out of the 213 Year 11 students taking the exams, 73 per cent achieved five or more A*-C grades including English and maths – breaking the college’s previous record.
Overall, 99 per cent of students passed at least five GCSEs and 40 per cent gained the English Baccalaureate Certificate, which includes English, maths and science.
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: “The students have done brilliantly and I feel really proud of how hard both they and their teachers worked to achieve these outstanding results. At a time when we know GCSEs are being made harder, they have surpassed the best results we have ever had according the government’s own key measure of success.
“A great deal of credit goes to their parents too, as it is no mean feat to support youngsters through the preparation required for these demanding exams.”
You may also want to watch:
The college highlighted the following students as top performers:
Jack Jeffreys: 8 A*s, 5As
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 4 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
- 10 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
Roya Keswick: 8 A*s, 3 As
Harriet Bradford: 6 A*s, 2 As, B
Rosie Oliver: 5 A*s, 5 As
Jennifer List: 4 A*s, 7 As, B
Caitlin Vann: 4 A*s, 5 As, B
Amy Walker: 4 A*s, 5 As, B