GCSE results 2014: Freman College, Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
More than 25 per cent of all GCSE grades at Freman College in Buntingford were A*s or As, with the headteacher praising students for doing “brilliantly”.
Out of the 213 Year 11 students taking the exams, 73 per cent achieved five or more A*-C grades including English and maths – breaking the college’s previous record.
Overall, 99 per cent of students passed at least five GCSEs and 40 per cent gained the English Baccalaureate Certificate, which includes English, maths and science.
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: “The students have done brilliantly and I feel really proud of how hard both they and their teachers worked to achieve these outstanding results. At a time when we know GCSEs are being made harder, they have surpassed the best results we have ever had according the government’s own key measure of success.
“A great deal of credit goes to their parents too, as it is no mean feat to support youngsters through the preparation required for these demanding exams.”
You may also want to watch:
The college highlighted the following students as top performers:
Jack Jeffreys: 8 A*s, 5As
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
Roya Keswick: 8 A*s, 3 As
Harriet Bradford: 6 A*s, 2 As, B
Rosie Oliver: 5 A*s, 5 As
Jennifer List: 4 A*s, 7 As, B
Caitlin Vann: 4 A*s, 5 As, B
Amy Walker: 4 A*s, 5 As, B