GCSE results 2014: Freman College, Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
More than 25 per cent of all GCSE grades at Freman College in Buntingford were A*s or As, with the headteacher praising students for doing “brilliantly”.
Out of the 213 Year 11 students taking the exams, 73 per cent achieved five or more A*-C grades including English and maths – breaking the college’s previous record.
Overall, 99 per cent of students passed at least five GCSEs and 40 per cent gained the English Baccalaureate Certificate, which includes English, maths and science.
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: “The students have done brilliantly and I feel really proud of how hard both they and their teachers worked to achieve these outstanding results. At a time when we know GCSEs are being made harder, they have surpassed the best results we have ever had according the government’s own key measure of success.
“A great deal of credit goes to their parents too, as it is no mean feat to support youngsters through the preparation required for these demanding exams.”
You may also want to watch:
The college highlighted the following students as top performers:
Jack Jeffreys: 8 A*s, 5As
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
Roya Keswick: 8 A*s, 3 As
Harriet Bradford: 6 A*s, 2 As, B
Rosie Oliver: 5 A*s, 5 As
Jennifer List: 4 A*s, 7 As, B
Caitlin Vann: 4 A*s, 5 As, B
Amy Walker: 4 A*s, 5 As, B