Gardeners honoured by Royston in Bloom
GREENFINGERED gardeners have been rewarded for their battle against drought and the summer downpour in an annual competition.
Royston in Bloom sees some of the town’s best lawns, allotments and community projects judged by a panel of experts, with the group’s chairman praising this year’s entrants.
Les Baker said: “It was up to its usual good standard and the judges were impressed by the entrants they saw, especially with the difficulties everyone has had with the weather this year.
“There were numerous gardens and allotments who took either the Olympic Games or the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Theme which made this years competition different.”
Members of the Royston in Bloom committee thanked everyone who entered and the judges for all their hard work and support.
You may also want to watch:
The awards will be presented on September 20 at 7pm in Royston Town Hall.
The winners of this year’s competition were -
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 4 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 5 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 6 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
Best Front Garden (including container garden and low maintenance)
Gold P. Waller, Chaucer Road
Best Kept Street or Community area
Gold Richard Cox House, Dog Kennel Lane
Tom Potter Trophy for Young Persons’ Project Schools or Clubs
Silver Gilt Greneway School, Garden Walk
Bill Prime Award for Best entry, Young Persons’ Project (Using recycled material)
Silver Gilt Tannery Drift School Young Gardeners Good use of Waste Material
Pubs, Clubs & Commercial premises
Silver Gilt Folknoll Group
Best kept Allotment
Gold C. Wallis