Garden House Hospice in appeal to nighttime walkers
- Credit: Archant
A HOSPICE has launched an appeal for people to take part in an annual fundraising event.
The team at Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC has launched this year’s Starlight Walk and for the first time is welcoming men to take part.
Since the first ladies-only walk in 2009, the hospice has had more and more requests from men wishing to take part in memory of a loved one, and also from younger family members wanting to join in.
This year’s walk on September 7 will have a new start time of 10pm and a new minimum age of 14 years, with under 16s accompanied by an adult walker.
There will be the option of walking six or 10 miles.
You may also want to watch:
The registration fee is £15, with an early bird discount offer of £10 for entries submitted by July 26. Register online at www.ghhospice.co.uk or contact the Garden House fundraising office on 01462 679540.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing