Garden House Hospice in appeal to nighttime walkers
- Credit: Archant
A HOSPICE has launched an appeal for people to take part in an annual fundraising event.
The team at Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC has launched this year’s Starlight Walk and for the first time is welcoming men to take part.
Since the first ladies-only walk in 2009, the hospice has had more and more requests from men wishing to take part in memory of a loved one, and also from younger family members wanting to join in.
This year’s walk on September 7 will have a new start time of 10pm and a new minimum age of 14 years, with under 16s accompanied by an adult walker.
There will be the option of walking six or 10 miles.
You may also want to watch:
The registration fee is £15, with an early bird discount offer of £10 for entries submitted by July 26. Register online at www.ghhospice.co.uk or contact the Garden House fundraising office on 01462 679540.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 7 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 8 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life