Garden House Hospice in appeal to nighttime walkers
- Credit: Archant
A HOSPICE has launched an appeal for people to take part in an annual fundraising event.
The team at Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC has launched this year’s Starlight Walk and for the first time is welcoming men to take part.
Since the first ladies-only walk in 2009, the hospice has had more and more requests from men wishing to take part in memory of a loved one, and also from younger family members wanting to join in.
This year’s walk on September 7 will have a new start time of 10pm and a new minimum age of 14 years, with under 16s accompanied by an adult walker.
There will be the option of walking six or 10 miles.
You may also want to watch:
The registration fee is £15, with an early bird discount offer of £10 for entries submitted by July 26. Register online at www.ghhospice.co.uk or contact the Garden House fundraising office on 01462 679540.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?