Garden centre delivers early Christmas present
CHRISTMAS came early – or late – for the Rotary Club of Royston when they received a cheque from a garden centre.
Phil Hammer, general manager at Country Homes and Gardens, handed over a cheque for nearly �900 to Rotary President David Izod this week, above, for the support that the club gave to Santa’s Grotto last Christmas.
As reported in The Crow, members of the club gave up their time to man the grotto for several weekends in the run-up to Christmas last year.
Mr Izod said the club was “delighted” to work with the company over the Christmas period.
He said: “We brought great joy to children and parents within the community and it supported Rotary in carrying out its many activities throughout the year, such as the Polio Plus campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“Members are looking forward to manning Santa’s Grotto again this Christmas!”
Mr Hammer added that his company was “proud” to support the work of the club.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 3 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 4 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 8 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
For more information on the work of the club visit www.roystonrotary.com