Garden centre delivers early Christmas present
CHRISTMAS came early – or late – for the Rotary Club of Royston when they received a cheque from a garden centre.
Phil Hammer, general manager at Country Homes and Gardens, handed over a cheque for nearly �900 to Rotary President David Izod this week, above, for the support that the club gave to Santa’s Grotto last Christmas.
As reported in The Crow, members of the club gave up their time to man the grotto for several weekends in the run-up to Christmas last year.
Mr Izod said the club was “delighted” to work with the company over the Christmas period.
He said: “We brought great joy to children and parents within the community and it supported Rotary in carrying out its many activities throughout the year, such as the Polio Plus campaign.
“Members are looking forward to manning Santa’s Grotto again this Christmas!”
Mr Hammer added that his company was “proud” to support the work of the club.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 5 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 6 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 9 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 10 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
For more information on the work of the club visit www.roystonrotary.com