Garden centre delivers early Christmas present
CHRISTMAS came early – or late – for the Rotary Club of Royston when they received a cheque from a garden centre.
Phil Hammer, general manager at Country Homes and Gardens, handed over a cheque for nearly �900 to Rotary President David Izod this week, above, for the support that the club gave to Santa’s Grotto last Christmas.
As reported in The Crow, members of the club gave up their time to man the grotto for several weekends in the run-up to Christmas last year.
Mr Izod said the club was “delighted” to work with the company over the Christmas period.
He said: “We brought great joy to children and parents within the community and it supported Rotary in carrying out its many activities throughout the year, such as the Polio Plus campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“Members are looking forward to manning Santa’s Grotto again this Christmas!”
Mr Hammer added that his company was “proud” to support the work of the club.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 10 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
For more information on the work of the club visit www.roystonrotary.com