Garden centre delivers early Christmas present
CHRISTMAS came early – or late – for the Rotary Club of Royston when they received a cheque from a garden centre.
Phil Hammer, general manager at Country Homes and Gardens, handed over a cheque for nearly �900 to Rotary President David Izod this week, above, for the support that the club gave to Santa’s Grotto last Christmas.
As reported in The Crow, members of the club gave up their time to man the grotto for several weekends in the run-up to Christmas last year.
Mr Izod said the club was “delighted” to work with the company over the Christmas period.
He said: “We brought great joy to children and parents within the community and it supported Rotary in carrying out its many activities throughout the year, such as the Polio Plus campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“Members are looking forward to manning Santa’s Grotto again this Christmas!”
Mr Hammer added that his company was “proud” to support the work of the club.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
For more information on the work of the club visit www.roystonrotary.com